WCF ROUTINGKrunal TrivediCorporate Trainer For DotNet,Silverlight,SPS 2010MCT S For .NET Web TechnologyMCTS For SharePoint Server 2010 DevelopmentCo-Founder at Aavid TechnologiesEmail:email@example.comContact : 09998472789
• The Routing Service is a generic SOAP intermediary that acts as a message router.• This router / or the SOAP intermediary act as a client to the real Service and it works as a Service to the real client• System.ServiceModel.Routing namespace.
• One of the challenges in Intermediary scenarios is that the internal endpoints may have different transport or SOAP version requirements than the endpoint that messages are received on.• To support this scenario , the Routing Service can bridge protocols.
Filtering• The WCF filtering system can use declarative filters to match messages and make operational decisions.• You can use filters to determine what to do with a message by examining part of the message.• A queuing process can use Xpath 1.0 query to check the priority element of a known header to determine whether to move a message to the front of the queue.• The filtering system is composed of a set of classes that can efficiently determine which of a set of filters are true for a particular WCF messages.
• The filtering system is a core component of WCF messaging; it is designed to be extremely fast.• Each filter implementation has been optimized for a particular kind of matching against WCF messages.• Filtering is performed after a message is received and is part of dispatching message to the proper application component.
Filters• The filter engine has two primary components filters Filters tables
• A filter makes Boolean decisions about a message based on user- specified logical condition.• Filters implement the MessageFilter class.• The Match methods are used to determine if a message satisfies a filter.• One of the methods tests the message’s header but cannot inspect the message body.• The other method takes a message buffer as an input parameter and can inspect the message body.• The several kinds of filters each specialize in matching on a particular kind of Boolean condition. Once you construct a filter, you cannot change the criteria that a filter uses; to modify a filters criteria, construct a new one and delete the existing filter.
Filter Tables• Filter tables are used to store key-value pairs, where a filter is the key and some associated data is the value.• The filter data can be used to indicate what actions to take if a message matches the filter and the type of the filter data is the generic parameter for the filter table class.• The filter data can consist of routing rules, session security state, listeners on a channel, and so on.• The data can be used where data flow control is necessary.• Filter tables implement the generic interface IMessageFilterTable.
• Filter tables have several methods that match a message against all the filters in the table and return an unordered collection of matching filters or data.• Some of the match methods are multiple-match and return all matching items. Others are single-match, returning only one item, and throw a MultipleFilterMatchesException if more than one filter matches.
• Action Filters:• The ActionMessageFilter contains a list of action strings.• If any of the actions in the filter’s list matches the Action header in the message or message buffer, the Match method returns true.• If the list is empty, the filter is considered a match-all filter and any message or message buffer matches and Match returns true.• If none of the actions in the filter’s list matches the Action header in the message or message buffer, Match returns false.• If there is no action in the message and the filter’s list is non- empty, then Match returnsfalse.
• XPathMessageFilter (XPath queries against incoming messages)• EndpointAddressMessageFilter and PrefixEndpointAddressMessageFilter (match against endpoint address)
Run your server(console application…).copy and paste URI to yourbrowser….get the following screen..notice that proxy creation is disabled…
Add Reference of System.ServiceModel…Also Import the namespace and copyand paste interface there…
Create a object of ChannelFactory….using object of interfacecreate a new channel….
Run your Server First…Run your client…You will get the message on theServer…..
Change the binding to the WSHttpBinnding on the client…run the server…run theclient…observer the result….RUN TIME ERROR….Limitation of ConfigLess WCF is..only for BasicHttpBinnding…not forWSHttpBinding….That means config file is necessary for wsHttpBinding…configlessis not a Permanent solution.
• Our objective is change BasicHttpBinding with WSHttpBinding on the server[so we have to drop configless setting].• On server add new app.config file.Try to open it with Configuration Editor…but you can’t..so manually write configuration.
Need for RoutingChange address and binding on the server…Note:We have address http://localhost:9000 and binding WSHttpBinding on theclient….Server side it is changed…so we required Routing…A Protocol Bridging Now ,if we run Server as well as Client application we get an error…the solution is SOAP Router….
Create a new console application…name it WCFRouter We want this to Listen to a certain endpoint And forward Over to the listener
Add reference of System.ServiceModel as well asSystem.ServiceModel.Routing-----A Required NameSpace for Routing
RoutingService is responsible for routing messages between endpoints based on filter criteria.ServiceHost provides a host for services….
IRequestReplyRouter interface is required to process message fromRequest-Reply channelAddress and Bindings are the same at the client—so this would be server forclient --Make sure on the server we have change d the address and binding
Filter tables are used to store key-value pairs, where a filter is the key and someassociated data is the value.Gets or sets the name of the filter table used by this routing service for routing message Behaviour section