Prepared by :
What is Bank ?
Bank Is An Institutution Which Performs A Role
To Accept Money And Lend To Borrowers Or
Person Who Need Money.
It Is Just A Formal Information About Bank , It
Also Plays An Important Role In Economy And
Concept of bank
• Concept of bank started in 14th century.
• He Started To Gave Loan By Hypothecated Assets
And Promissory Note.
• Began To Lend The Money To Depositors & Paid
Interest On These Deposits.
• Thus, The Goldsmiths Of London Became The
Forerunners Of Banking By Creating New Money
Based On Credit.
• The Bank of England was the first to begin the
permanent issue of banknotes, in 1695.
The word bank was borrowed in Middle English
from Middle French banque, from Old Italian
banca, meaning of benque is to exchange.
RBI CHIEF BANK OF INDIA
• 1st april , 1935. establishment of Reserve bank
The Bank was constituted to:
1. Regulate the issue of banknotes.
2. Maintain reserves to securing monetary stability.
3. To operate the credit and currency system of the
country to its advantage.
• After the partition of India, the Reserve Bank served as
the central bank of Pakistan up to 1948.
• The Bank, which was originally set up as a shareholder's
bank, and nationalised in 1949.
• The Imperial Bank of India came into existence on 27
• And reserve bank after nationalised , take over the
imperial bank of india and and was subsequently
transformed into State Bank of India in 1955.
Organisational Structure Of R.B.I.
PRINCIPAL CHIEF GENERAL MANAGER
CHIEF GENERAL MANAGERS
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGERS
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGERS
Bank Policy Of RBI
• RBI Released Framework For New Banks.
• Guidelines For Licencing New Banks.
• Releases Discussion Paper.
• Roadmap For Foreign Banks.
• Guidelines For Merger.
Types of banks
EXIM INDUSTRIAL AGRICULTURAL
Top 10 banks in India
PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS
• State Bank of India(SBI)
• Punjab National Bank
• Bank of Baroda
• Canara Bank
• Bank of India
PRIVATE SECTOR BANKS
• HDFC Bank
• ICICI Bank
• Axis Bank
• Kotak Mahindra Bank
• Yes Bank
Top Foreign Banks in India
• CITI Bank
• Standard Chartered Bank
• HSBC Bank
• Royal Bank of Scotland
• BNP Paribas
SERVICES & FACILITIES OF BANK
WORK AS A
Facilities Of Cards
• Visa Card
• Master Card
• Maestro Card
• It facilitates electronic funds
transfers throughout the world, most
commonly through Visa-branded credit
cards and debit cards.
its principal business is to process payments between
the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks or
credit unions of the purchasers who use "MasterCard"
brand debit and credit cards to make purchases.
• Maestro cards are obtained from associate
banks and can be linked to the card holder's
current account , or they can be prepaid cards.
• RuPay facilitates electronic payment at all
Indian banks and financial institutions, and
competes with MasterCard and Visa in India.
• Private Bank 50%
• Public Sector Bank 15%
• Private Public Bank 35%
• Foreign Bank 20%
Market share of leading bank(2014)
• Indian banking sector has 6th rank in all over the world rank.
• SBI has 6500+ ATMs all over the country.
• ICICI bank has 3500+ ATMs all over the country.
• RBI had printed 6,39,948 lakhs crore notes till date.
• SBI provides the facility and it is tie with 9200+ banks to use their
• Transaction done through ATMs is around 70,000 crore in a year