Introducing XL Release 4.1
Andrew Phillips, VP Products | 24 July 2014
2 Copyright 2014.
▪ This webinar is being recorded
▪ Links to the slides and the recording will be made
available after the presentation
▪ You can post questions via the GoToWebinar Control
3 Copyright 2014.
▪ XL Release in 1min
▪ Key Features in 4.1
▪ Spotlight: Release Dashboard
▪ Spotlight: Webhooks & Triggers
▪ Spotlight: Value Stream Analysis
▪ Additional Features & Improvements
4 Copyright 2014.
XL Release in 1min
▪ Enterprise Release Pipeline Orchestrator
▪ Coordinate releases and build Continuous Delivery
Pipelines across teams and tools
▪ Start today with releases that combine manual tasks and
automation and build out delivery pipelines through
8 Copyright 2014.
We’ve Been Busy…
▪ The “IT Manager’s Guide to Continuous Delivery”
▪ Events, Webinars and Thought Leadership
▪ Updates to XL Release and XL Deploy
▪ Ongoing R&D and improvements to XL Deploy, XL
Release, XL Scale and XL Test
9 Copyright 2014.
Key Features in 4.1
▪ “One stop shop” overview
▪ Identifying and tracking areas for improvement
▪ Support additional automation use cases 4.1
10 Copyright 2014.
Key Features in 4.1
▪ Release Dashboard
▪ Webhooks & Triggers
▪ Value Stream Analysis
▪ …and plenty more
11 Copyright 2014.
Spotlight: Release Dashboard
▪ “One stop shop” for teams and release coordinators
▪ Overview of current status and action items
▪ Compare current state with previous performance and
identify “Top 10” challenges
15 Copyright 2014.
▪ Many, many services that need to automated as part of a
release/pipeline provide HTTP endpoints
▪ Easy way of flexibly calling an endpoint and handling the
▪ Support additional scenarios for starting releases
▪ Extensible trigger mechanism
20 Copyright 2014.
Spotlight:Value Stream Analysis
▪ Key Challenge: How do I most effectively improve
my current process/pipeline?
▪ “Scorecard” for your releases and pipelines based
on configurable criteria
▪ Easily visualize critical phases and drill down to
identify improvement opportunities
23 Copyright 2014.
Additional Features & Improvements
▪ Duration-based pipeline planning and tracking
▪ Automation failure handling
▪ Proxy support for HTTP endpoints
▪ UI improvements
▪ …and more
24 Copyright 2014.
▪ Get started with XL Release today!
▪ Learn more about XL Release:
▪ Stay informed: