What is ICT?
• ICT stands for Information and
• It means ” diverse set of technologies
tools and resources used to
communicate and to create,
disseminate , store and manage
• It includes computers, the Internet,
telephone systems, radio television
and satellite communications.
Benefits Of ICT in Education
Helps to expand access to Education
• Powerful tool for extending educational
opportunities. Has ability to transcend time
Helps To Prepare Individuals For The
• Representing Competitive edge in an
increasingly globalizing job market.
Helps to Improve The quality of
• Enhance the quality of education by increasing
learner Motivation and by enhancing teacher
Benefits Of ICT In Health Care
• Computers and ICT technologies are making health
care for all patients more efficient and accurate.
• Improved health care is able to bring down the medical
costs by reducing the number of days, the patient has
to stay in hospital.
• It provides assistance to Medical surgeons during critical
• Clinics and hospitals use computers with standard
software packages to manage schedules for visiting
Benefits Of ICT In Governance
• Exchange of information with citizens and
businesses by various government departments
to provide rules and regulations.
• Re-structuring of administrative processes ,
making them more efficient.
• Reducing costs of public public works or
increasing revenue or improving taxes collection
or stamp duty collection.
• Speedier and more efficient delivery of citizen
services and review of development works being
Delivery Of Citizen
s & Intra
• Scientists and Engineers working in the
design department make very significant
usage of high speed computers and ICT
• CAD allows engineers to design and test
• CAM helps in production packages.
• Thus , ICT technologies are playing a
tremendous role in these areas.
• Today many small and large
businesses have achieved their
success primarily due to usage of
• These days, computers and WWW
have become a powerful
advertising media for companies.
• Using ICT, advertisements can be
displayed on different websites.
Societal Impacts Of IT
• IT has affected the entire strata of our
• It has changed the way we think, shop,
get ourselves trained and entertained .
• Plagiarism means “the use of close
replication of the language and
thoughts of another author in the
form as if one’s own original work”.
• It is stealing a person’s ideas or
• Plagiarism by students, professors
or researchers is considered
• It supports the University and its staff and
students by developing strategies and
monitoring compliance to ensure that
information and information systems such
as student records are protected from
falling into wrong hands.
• It is business process needed to protect the
enormous amount of information , intellectual
property and business resources generated
or managed by researches , staff and
• Staff and students rely on information being
available for work and study purposes. Loss
or Unavailability of information or information
systems could result in students being unable
to complete assignments.
• If systems are more up-to-date and secure
then they are also more likely to be
accurate and efficient.
• Security can be used to establish the
reputation of an entity. It helps to build
confidence with all users coming in contact
• With the emergence of computer hardware
and software industry and usage of ICT
mall walks of life , new avenues for careers
have opened up.
Bachelor’s or Honors' degree in
Computer Science Or IT.
Bachelor’s or Honors' degree in Computer
Science Or IT.
Graduation and Diploma Computer Science