Maruti's history begins in 1970, when a private
limited company named Maruti technical services
private limited' (MTSPL) was launched on
November 16, 1970.
The stated purpose of this company was to
provide technical know-how for the design,
manufacture and assembling
In 1982, a Joint Venture Agreement (JVA) was
signed between Maruti Udyog Ltd. and Suzuki of
Japan and released Maruti 800 in the year 1983.
• R. C. Bhargava Chairman, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
(MSIL), (Formerly Maruti Udyog Limited) from 2007 to till
• Kenichi Ayukawa Managing director and CEO.
• Maruti Suzuki TRUE VALUE
Maruti Suzuki True Value is India's largest
certified, used car dealer network, with
around 763 outlets spread across 550
• Maruti has its own research & development team of over
1000 engineers working shoulder to shoulder with team
• R&D analyze the changes in the market, studies about
the consumer behaviour and brings new technology
according to the needs of the consumers.
• Maruti Suzuki is going to set up a R&D centre in Rohtak,
Haryana at an investment of Rs. 2000 crore.
• Spread over an area of 600 acres, this R&D center will
be equipped to produce not just high mileage petrol cars,
but test tracks and labs among many other advanced
facilities that will be operational by 2015.
• It is the first company to introduce CNG
(compressed natural gas) vehicles.
• Maruti 800 till 2004, was India largest selling
compact car ever since it was launched in 1983.
• Maruti Suzuki was country’s 4th most admired
company on Fortune Magazine’s list.
• The Company sold a total of 341,329 vehicles
during the Quarter, a growth of 13.8 per cent
over the same period of the previous year.
• Sales in the domestic market stood at 305,694
units, a growth of 13.0 per cent. Exports were at
35,635 units, up 21.8 per cent.
• During the Quarter, the Company registered Net
Sales of Rs. 130,783 million, up 18.1 per cent
over the previous year.
NSE (National stock exchange)
Share value as on 11/08/2015
• Diversification & R&D.
• After sale services.
• Still depends on
• 10% components are
• First company to roll
out suitable designed
• Rising demand.
• They mostly
middle class families
• Higher local taxes.
• New technology
• New entrants.
• Maruti Suzuki won ‘Hall of Fame’ at NDTV Car n Bike
awards 2015, for consistent performance in last 10
• Manufacturer of the Year" by CNBC TV18 Overdrive.
• Maruti Suzuki shared the PCRA Green Award with Hero
MotoCorp at NDTV Car n Bike Awards for best fuel
• Won Golden Peacock Award for Occupational Health