Difference between Contact Hours (CHs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Difference between Contact
Hours (CHs) and Professional
Development Units (PDUs)
PMP certification helps the project
managers to manage their team efficiently
and achieve their desired goal within
definite period of time. Different
subcategories of PMP are available based
on market demand and aspirants field of
1. The Contact Hours is required before
the starting of PMP Exam and whereas
PDUs are required after the Exam.
2. In order to become eligible for PMP Exam and a
certified trainee you need 35 Contact Hours and to
keep the certification valid you need 60 PDUs in every
3. You are an eligible candidate to appear PMP Exam if
you have 35 contact hours.
4. * A 60 minutes of relevant project management
training or instruction include below relevant programs
• Project Integration management
• Project Risk
• Project Procurement
• Project Budget
• Project Schedule
• Project Quality
• Project Scope
• Project Communications
** In the other hand PDUs are understand as learning
One hour of learning is credited as one PDUs.
• The PMI want you to learn new skills of PMP and use
them in practice.
•These are divided into two major divisions :
1. Education : You need to educate
yourself by leaning new skills and PMI
courses which also deals with the
2. Giving back to profession : This section
includes utilizing your knowledge in
• The institute you are obtaining your CHs must
1. Excellent education
2. Relevant training materials
In order to go for high quality Contact Hours and PDUs
you must go through Reputable education provider.
Today many online PMI education provider are
available and we have to choose the verified institute
with least price.