Sochi- 2014 winter olympics
Where is sochi?
• Sochi is in Russia, which is a country in
• Sochi borders the Black Sea to the east.
• It is south of Novorosslysk.
• It is north of Batumi.
• The climate of Sochi can be compared
to the climate in Mississippi, Alabama
• The summers are hot and humid and
the winters are warm, but there can be
occasional frost and snow.
• The climate is classified as subtropical.
• It boarders the Black Sea in the south
• It has mountains.
• It also has rivers.
• Sochi was founded on April 21, 1838 as fort
• In 1839 it was renamed Navaginskaya fortress.
• In 1920, the Soviet power was established, and
after the Civil War, the considerable attention
was devoted to the development of the resort
industry in Sochi.
• From 1937, Sochi is the city of Krasnodar krai.
Government and Politics
• According to the Russian Constitution, the
President has the rights to lead international
politics of the country.
• Their President is Vladimir Putin.
• Russia is a federative presidential republic.
• There are seven officially registered political
• The President is elected every seven years.
• Russia is a communist country.
• Russian families depend on all of their family
members. Most families live in small apartments
, often with 2 or 3 generations sharing the space.
• Everyone’s business is everyone else’s. Strangers will
stop and tell people that they are breaking the rules.
• Russians usually have an early breakfast, consisting of
kasha (a type of porridge) butterbrots (a type of
sandwich) boiled or fried eggs tvorog (like cottage
cheese) or cereal.
• Lunch is between 1and 3 p.m. It can be bought for less
than 10 U.S. dollars. Classic Russian lunch consists of
hot soup, meat with potatoes, porridge or pasta and
then a drink such as kompot and an optional cake or