Building Realtime Web Apps with Angular and Meteor
Building Realtime Web Apps with
TCF IT Professional Conference
March 18, 2016
Michael P. Redlich
• BS in CS from
• “Petrochemical Research Organization”
• Ai-Logix, Inc. (now AudioCodes)
• Amateur Computer Group of New Jersey
• What is Angular?
• What is Meteor?
• Why Angular-Meteor?
• Getting Started Building an Application
• Live Demo (yea!)
• Angular-Meteor Resources
What is Angular?
• “AngularJS is a structural framework for
dynamic web apps most suited to your
Angular Web Site, htpp://www.angularjs.org/
What is Meteor?
• “Meteor is an ultra-simple environment for
building modern web sites. What once took
weeks, even with the best tools, now takes
hours with Meteor”
Meter Web Site, http://www.meteor.com/
• MVC/MVVM on the client (Angular)
• Backend database for Angular (Meteor)
• Full stack framework (Meteor)
• Easy deployment (Meteor)