VRTEC JELKAGlavarjeva ulica 18 a1000 Ljubljana, Sloveniahttp://www.vrtec-jelka.siHeadmistress: NADA VERBIČ, prof.soc.pedPresentation by PETRA KOČAR, project firstname.lastname@example.org
Symbol of our kindergarten is FIR TREE.It symbolizes evergreen life andongoing continuous growth!It is simple, playful and happy!
Kindergarten Jelkais public preschool upbringing educational organisationwith primary goal to provide and to take care of childs foundational needs and wellbeing.Kindergarten Jelka operates in five units:
• Main unit Jelka with kindergartensmanagement is located in Glavarjeva street.The unit operates is four parts:• Green part: 2 Nursery groups of children inage from 1 to 3 years of age• Yellow part: 3 Nursery groups of children inage from 1 to 3 years of age• Blue part: 4 groups of children in age 2 to5.• Orange part: 4 groups of children in agefrom 3 to 6 - school admission.
• Is dislocated part of Jelka unit and is located inSchool buildingThis is a unit with:• 2 nursery groups of children up to 3 years old.• 1 heterogeneous group of children in age from 3 to6 years old children.
• Unit Vila is located in Staničeva street• It is an old villa house redecorated into akindergarten• This is a unit with: 4 groups of children from 2 totheir school admission• Unit has a nice fruit and vegetable garden andplayground with a swimming pool that comesvery useful at summer time• This unit is part of ECO SCHOOL project• All groups of children in this unit are conductingstep by step program.
• Unit Snow white located in Vodovodna street• in ground floor of skayscraper and has a playgroundinfront.This is a unit with• 2 nursery groups of children up to 3 years old• 2 groups of children from age 3 totheir school admission
• Unit Dwarfs is located in Lavričeva streetThis is a unit with:• 2 nursery groups of children up to 3 years old• 3 groups of children from age 3 to their schooladmission• All groups of children in this unit are conductingstep by step program.• This unit has a very nice playground.
ORGANISATION Kindergarten is open from 6.00 in the morningtill 17.00 in the afternoon each working dayfrom Monday to Friday. Each group of children has a preschool teacherand preschool teacher’s assistant. They plan,organise and offer children playfully preparedactivities based on thematic they are working onaccordingly to the Curriculum for kindergartens. Playrooms are equipped with playing cornerswhere children can play and learn.CONSTRUCTION CORNER ART CORNERDIDACTIC GAMESSOFT CORNER
RESEARCH CORNERCOMPUTER CORNERLIBRARY CORNERHOME AND FAMILY CORNERPUPPET PLAYPLAYING ENGLISH CORNER
FRAME WORKING SCHEDULE:o 6.00 / 6.30 opening timeo Till 7.00/ 7.30 Children are gatheringand playing in gathering play-room ,free playo 7.00 – 8.30 Morning playfully arrangedactivities, free play, individual worko 8.30 Breakfasto 9.00 – 12.30 Educational playfullyarranged activities for all area ofpreschool curriculum education;morning circle, playing corners, outdoorplay, trips and visits…o 12.30 Lunch timeo 13.00 resting time, afternoon activities,o 14.30 afternoon snack timeo Till 17.00free play and going homeo 17.00 closing time
KINDERGARTEN’S PROGRAM• Basic program offered in ourkindergarten is daily program thatlasts from 6 to 9 hours..• We are performing daily program thatincludes education, nursering,upbringing and nutrition for childrenfrom 1 to 6 years of age.• We organise preschool upbringingeducation based on PreschoolCurriculum foro First oldness period –NURSERY ;children up to age of threeo Second oldness period; childrenfrom three to their schooladmission• Children are arranged based to theirage into HOMOGENEOUS andHETEROGENEOUS groups.• In our regular groups of children wehave interacted children with specialneeds that are provided with specialcare.
CURRICULUM FOR KINDERGARTENS• is a base for all educational and upbringing work inkindergarten.• is national document adopted in 1999.Program goals and starting points:• Varied and diverse offer of contents and activitiesin all area of preschool education• consideration of child’s developmental period ofage• consideration of children’s individual developmentand learning differences• consideration and respect for children privacy andintimacy• flexibility in space and time organization of lifeand work in kindergarten• development and growth of positive interactionbetween children and adults in kindergarten• cooperation with parents , presenting parentswith contents of activities in the child’s group• cooperation with environment
CURRICULUM FOR KINDERGARTENSCurriculum for kindergartens contains and presents Aims, goals and principals of preschoolkindergarten’s education, basics knowledge about children developmentand learning in preschool period global goals its derivation goals for each area ofpreschool educational activities.Main areas of preschool educational activities inkindergarten:• MOVEMENT• LANGUAGE• ART• SOCIETY• NATURE• MATHEMATIC
• We offer opportunities for optimal developmentfor children.• We provide equal opportunities for every childirrespective to their gender, social and culturalorigins, religion or nationality. We appreciate theirindividual needs and capability.• Our fundamental task is to provide qualityupbringing, education , guardianship and nutritionfor children till their school admission and toprovide assistance for parents with whole care fortheir children.
• Educational and upbringing activities are adapted and preformed inway to suit children age and progress and to stimulate theirdevelopment.• In our program we take special care to satisfy all children’s needs,interests and to stimulate development of their potentials and theirself-confidence.
ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES OF OUR KINDERGARTEN• Sport activities and education• Summer - swiming , winter –skiing , farm camps• Trips around Slovenia• Visit of museums, galleries, theatres…• Education for reading: “book bubs”, “readingbedge” “Eco reading for Eco living”• Environmental education: ECO SCHOOL,“Green rucksack”• Health education• Traffic education• Celebrations and festivities – of seasons,holidays, birthdays…• Picnics –autumn, spring, chestnut picnics
Beside basic activities we offer additional activities;INTEGRATED EARLY ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNING
Musical workshopwith Slovene folk songs and dances.
Sport and movement educational workshop“Gibalček”
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATIONUNESCO• ENO TREE PLANTING DAY• BLUE CHAIRLIFE CYCLE
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATIONLIFE LONG LEARNING• COMENIUS ASSISTANTS• COMENIUS SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP:“THE EARTH- OUR COMMON HOME”• eTwinning cooperation• Leonardo da Vinci partnership
A bit of kindergarten’s philosophy:• During playtime child discovers possibilities forhis/hers full expression and for his/hers right forequality in diversity.• All early childhood essentialities happen in thefamily.• World’s future is in children’s hands and that iswhy the humanity owes them all the mostbeautiful things, which are to be given to thechildren for their future.• The kindergarten is to offer children shelter ofsafety and love.