A Student Council is a
representative structure for
students only, through which
they can become involved in the
affairs of the school, working in
partnership with school
management, staff and parents
for the benefit of the school and
The Student Council Exists To Serve
It will only be as active, effective, and
concerned as each student
1. Student council is the HEART of
student involvement. It's the most
representative and powerful student
organization because it works for all
2. A good student council has student
respect and support by opening its doors
to all interested students, and by being
aware of student needs and opinions.
3. Cooperation is the key to getting things
done. The council shouldn't be a rubber
stamp for any group, but it should work
with others to solve problems.
4. Training and relevance are vital to the
success of any student council.
5. Good leaders are developed, not born.
Informed voters help create them.
Leadership training is one goal of student
6. Your council can lead the way to
positive change. Its activities and projects
are the testing ground for ideas, which
become part of the school.
• It is very important that the President be something
more than a "traffic officer" at meetings. The
President is a presiding officer and an administrator,
and should set an example for the assembly regarding
courtesy, fairness, and the application of rules and
must maintain a position of impartiality. An effective
President demonstrates poise, assumes a confident
posture when approaching the presiding station, and
looks over the audience briefly before speaking. The
President must be calm, courteous, and speak with a
strong, clear voice throughout the meeting.
The specific duties of the President at
1. Start meetings at the assigned time and note if a quorum is present.
2. Announce the business to come before the assembly in the proper order.
3. Recognize members who wish to speak after they rise and address the chair.
4. State motions that are presented to the assembly, and if appropriate, put
them to a vote, and announce the results of a voting.
5. Enforce the rules of the organization relating to debate, order, and decorum.
a. Decide all points of order.
b. Protect the meeting procedures by refusing to recognize members who offer
frivolous or dilatory motions.
d. Use good judgement by keeping debate on the topic that is under
consideration germane and by appointing qualified members to committees.
6. Expedite business. Use time efficiently, allowing for satisfactory consideration
of all items. However, don't conduct business hastily or delay matters to a
point where members are bored.
7. Adjourn the meeting.
• The Vice President must be familiar
with all the responsibilities of the
President and must be ready to
preside when called on. At all times
the vice president should work in
close cooperation with the President.
The specific duties of the Vice
• 1. Assist the President.
• 2. Preside for the President at meetings when:
• a. the President is absent.
• b. the President wants to debate.
• c. a personal motion about the President is made.
• 3. Assume the duties of the President if the office
• 4. Perform other duties that are specified in the
bylaws of the organization.
The secretary maintains the records of
an organization and sits close to the
presiding officer during meetings to
assist and take notes. The secretary
must be able to explain the pending
business when called upon.
The specific duties of the secretary
• 1. Maintain accurate written records (minutes) of the
proceedings of the organization.
• 2. Keep committee reports on file.
• 3. Maintain the official membership roll.
• 4. Notify officers, committee members, and delegates of
their election or appointment.
• 5. Provide credentials for delegates.
• 6. Process the general correspondence including the
agenda for meetings, and send out notices of meetings.
• 7. Have the bylaws and rules, a list of committees with
their members, a record of membership, and an agenda
available at each meeting.
The treasurer is the SGA's official
custodian of the money and the
trustee of the accounts and must
be able to explain the budget to
The specific duties of the treasurer
1. Properly receive and disburse moneys.
2. Keep an accurate record of all money received and disbursed.
3. Deposit all moneys received in the account of the organization in an
approved bank as soon as possible.
4. Have the bank signature card include at least one other officer's name.
5. Never deposit moneys received by the organization in a personal account.
6. Pay only by check as authorized.
7. Issue a receipt for moneys received.
8. Prepare a report for the regular meetings.
9. Prepare an annual report which is audited before it is presented.
10. Keep all receipts, bank statements, cancelled checks, etc., for the auditor.
11. Collect dues.
An auditor is basically a type of accountant who is
responsible for verifying the financial records of a
company. The job description of an auditor
basically includes studying the financial records,
checking company's bookkeeping and accounting
methods, comparing company's books with
records stated in banks, creditors, brokers, etc.
Thus the main objective of an auditor is to
analyze and prepare reports on profits
management cut costs.
The specific duties of the auditor are
1. To prepare detailed audit report.
2. To collect and analyze the data to find out if there is
any fraud, violation of laws, regulations and
management policies, duplication, etc.
3. To inspect the account books of a company for
analyzing the transactions and efficiency of the
4. To report the management of the company regarding
the audit results and suggest changes in financial
activities and operations of the school.
Public relations (PR) is about managing
reputation. This career field aims to gain
understanding and support for council as well
as to influence opinion and behaviour.
• PR officers monitor publicity and conduct research to
find out the concerns and expectations of an
organisation's stakeholders. They then report and
explain the findings to its management.
Act as a primary contact for the international
students and conduct necessary information
sessions which would be helpful for them
throughout your term.
The specific duties of the PRO are:
1. Handles the reception and accommodation of
visiting student councils and individuals.
2. Organises and handles all public relation events
on behalf of the Council.
3. Sees that the policy for publications of the
Council is observed at all times.
4. Sees that posters are not put up in prohibited
5. Handles the dissemination of information and
advertising on campus.
Liaise between the Students Council and their
respective member council. A councilor is
responsible for understanding the needs of
the students of their faculty or residence, and
representing them to the council. A council
Report is required at each member council
meeting, in which a USC Councilor must
present any relevant information from the
previous USC meeting.
Halimbawa ng Plataporma
• Pagpapalawig ng mga aktibidad na makakatulong sa pagkakaisa ng mga estudyante tungo sa
kaunlaran ng paaralan.
• Ang pagpapahalaga sa ating yamang likas kaya napagpasyahan na kung maaari ay gamitin ang
mga lote na maaaring paglagyan ng mga halaman dahil makatutulong ito sa pagbaba ng
polusyon sa ating kapaligiran.
• Ang pagpupursige na magkaisa ang lahat ng year level sa pamamagitan ng mga aktibidad na
makakatulong hindi lang sa samahan kundi para na din sa ikakaunlad ng ating paaralan.
• Ang pagppakita ng mga paraan kung pano maillalabas ang mga tagong talento ng mga
estudyante sa pamamagitan ng paglulunsad at pakikipagtulungan sa iba’t-ibang
• Ang paglulunsad ng iba’t-ibang samahan para sa mga talento ng mga estudyante.
• Ang paglulunsad ng mga outdoor activities sa tulong na din ng mga butihing guro ng kapitolyo
at ng ating principal tulad ng field trip, seniors night, at fancy drill upang lalong magkaron ng
interes ang mga estudyante.
• Kaming mga nahalal na mga officers ay mangangako na susunod sa mga patakaran At
nangangako din na makikiisa sa mga aktibidad na nangangailangan ng aming suporta.
• Ang pagsisikap na matulungan ang mga guro na maisakatuparan ang mission at vision ng
ating paaralan dahil isa iyon sa aming mga tungkulin bilang Student council.
• Nangangako din kami na lahat ng mga gawaing ito ay gagawin lang naming kung ito ay
magugustuhan ng ating principal at mga guro dahil naniniwala kami na importante ang
kanilang pananaw ukol sa mga ikabubuti ng mga estudyante.