Welcome andThankYou forTaking theTime to Join UsToday!
We will keep it short and yet informative.
Who/What is US Metal Crafters?
• New Company established on the base of a 34 yr old ‘mom and pop’
operation who were ‘probably’ operating in the$2-3Million range.
• 134,000 sq ft
• ~27 employees
• One of the ‘US-’ Companies
• US- Duct/US-Tubing
• 75 employees
• $18 Million in sales
• Selling Industrial Duct and Sheet Metal Products primarily
related to Fugitive Dust/Fume/Smoke/Mist and light phase
• Sells exclusively through rep groups (if at all possible)
• US- Enhanced
• Personnel and Placement Agency
• Established to Support Duct and now supporting Metal Crafters.
What is our vision for US Metal Crafters?
• To build upon the 34 years of fabrication experience and knowledge
and grow into a major manufacturing/service business.
• Rapid profitable growth through the ‘alignment with’ and extraordinary
‘servicing of’ rep groups who can use us to provide a broader and
enhanced offering to their customers.
• We believe our future lies in quality, fast delivery, broad offering, our
• Continuous improvements in delivery times, equipment, personnel and
• Fast Competitive Quotes, Faster Delivery, Communication and On-Time
• 6* production centers that can operate independently or in
collaboration to provide a FULL range of metal services and products.
2. Roll Forming
4. Laser Cutting
5. Die Making
(*These are often combined to provide further services such as assembly,
complex forming and finished products)
• ISO Certified
• Quality Manager
• Many years of experience (more to follow)
Our Objective Today –
• To acquaint you with our capabilities so as to help you identify
opportunities- with your current customers and as you visit new ones.
• Our Current Customers
• Game Change Solar- Solar Farms (stamping, roll forming, assembly)
• GE- (stampings, rolling rings)
• Hubble Electric- Lighting (rolling rings)
• KI – Furniture Parts (stampings, fabrication)
• High Point Furniture- Furniture (stampings)
• Leggit- Furniture (laser, forming)
• Kaba- Locks (stampings, forming, laser)
• Wood Products- Tobacco Barrels (stamping, assembly)
• Syntec (stamping, forming, machining)
• 65 presses- 15 of them set up to run automatic
• 5-200 Ton
• Multiple Opening/Bed/Strokes/Speed
• Largest- 200 ton with 30”x72” bed with 16” height
• Air and Servo Feeds (depending on tolerances)
• Servos up to 18” wide
• Multiple Coil Lines/straighteners
• Largest 12,000 lbs/30”x 3/16” or 20”x ¼”
• Light to ¼ “ Mild steel
• Yes we do SS but lighter
• Tolerances to .002”
• Single and Progressive Dies
• Short or Long Runs
• 15 Roll Formers
• Ranging from
• 1” shaft- 8 stands
• 2.5” shaft- 16 stands
• 14” wide- 14ga
• 12” wide- 8ga
• Light to Heavy of various materials
• Short to VERY Long parts
• Up To 6 In line Stamping Stations
• Flying Cut-offs for fast production
• Mig/Tig Welding
• 5 Tube Benders up to 3”
• Multiple press brakes – up to 12’- 175 ton
• 2 Trump Turrets- 22 ton and 28 ton
• Wet Paint Line
• Powder Coating Available
• Most Materials
• Simple to Complex
• There are times when more than one process is just not enough
to fill the customers needs.
• US Metal Crafters is uniquely equipped and staffed with
knowledgeable personnel to coordinate the various areas
• For Example:
• Laser and Breaking
• Stamping and Breaking
• Stamping and Roll Forming
• Stamping and Roll Forming and Assembly
• Stamping and Forming to Finished Product
• Etc, etc, etc
Clamps- a fledgling area
• Within Fabrication/Forming (but also utilizing stamping and roll forming)
• The previous owners made bands and clamps for years but as a side product.
• Tobacco Bands
• Rim Channels
• Hubble Electric
• US Duct was using them to help make their clamp for US-Tubing- a heavy duty
over-center and adjustable clamp.
• We believe this has further market but again- IT IS NOT A MATURE product line
but one we where we see a market and a need.
• Current CO2 4000W Laser
• Up to ¼” mild steel
• Just Purchased—New Mazak 3000 W Fiber Laser
Die and Machine Shop
• VITAL!!!! Discovered early on that this was a necessity!
• One of the biggest investments
• 3 new Die Makers (hard to come by)
• New EDM
• All in an effort to increase delivery time
• Roll Forming tooling designed AND made in house.
• Also a future profit center
• US Duct already owned a machine shop that is now being
incorporated into our operation.
• 2- Engine Lathes
• 2- CNC Turning Mills
• 2-CNC Lathes
• 3- Surface Grinders
• 2- Bridge Ports
• Quality is not viewed as just a necessary requirement. IT IS A
• While we do not pursue high quality/low tolerance work, it is because
of the accompanying issues associated with that work and not the
• Current solar customer has very tight requirements (.020 in 24’) Our
quality engineer not only checks these things but works with the
customer’s engineers to enlighten them and design solutions.
• Quality is about safety and respect.
16 years as Quality Engineer and R&D.Yellow
Belt in Six Sigma. ISO Administration.
• As a ‘Toll’ Operation
• We are currently handling and controlling 2.5 million lbs.
of coil for Game Change. (various gauges, widths and
• Kanban system
• Our E-2 software package allows us to closely monitor
• 12,500 lb Tow motor
• Over Bay loading hoist for long material
• No presentation would be complete without talking about our
US Metalcrafters invite you to visit our facility for a
first hand look at who we are and how we can
become your low cost provider in the metal working
needs for your visit.