Here is a downloadable PDF of our popular list of the Top 40 Innovation Bloggers of 2011. Did your favorite make the list? If not, please encourage them to join the Innovation Excellence community and then 'Add Content' from our site's main menu.
After a week of torrid voting and much passionate support, along with a lot of gut-wrenching consideration and jostling during the judging round, I am proud to announce your Top 40 Innovation Bloggers of 2011:1. Mitch Ditkoff Mitch Ditkoff is the Co-Founder and President of Idea Champions and the author of “Awake at the Wheel”, as well as the very popular Heart of Innovation blog. 2.2. Jeffrey Phillips Jeffrey Phillips is a senior leader at OVO Innovation. OVO works with large distributed organizations to build innovation teams, processes and capabilities. Jeffrey is the author of “Make us more Innovative”, and innovateonpurpose.blogspot.com.3. Paul Hobcraft Paul Hobcraft runs Agility Innovation, an advisory business that stimulates sound innovation practice, researches topics that relate to innovation for the future, as well as aligning innovation to organizations core capabilities.4. Idris Mootee Idris Mootee is the CEO of Idea Couture, a strategic innovation and experience design firm. He is the author of four books, many published articles, and a frequent speaker at business conferences and executive retreats.5. Tim Kastelle Tim Kastelle is a Lecturer in Innovation Management in the University of Queensland Business School. He blogs about innovation at the Innovation Leadership Network.
6. Mike Brown Mike Brown is an award-winning innovator in strategy, communications, and experience marketing. He authors the BrainzoomingTM blog, and serves as the company’s chief Catalyst. He wrote the ebook “Taking the NO Out of InNOvation” and is a frequent keynote presenter.7. Melba Kurman Melba Kurman writes and speaks about innovative tech transfer from university research labs to the commercial marketplace. Melba is the president of Triple Helix Innovation, a consulting firm dedicated to improving innovation partnerships between companies and universities.8. Caspar Van Rijnbach Caspar van Rijnbach is a Brazilian based innovation consultant, author of several international publications. Caspar leads the Innovation Management department at Ernst & Young in Brazil.
9. Dennis Stauffer Dennis Stauffer is the award winning author of Thinking Clockwise, A Field Guide for the Innovative Leader. He’s the founder of Innovator Mindset, helping individuals, teams and organizations boost their capacity to innovate. A copy of his new report, Innovation Essentials: The Four Greatest Ways We stop Ourselves…In Business and in Life can be downloaded at: http://innovatormindset.com/specialreport.htm10. Gijs van Wulfen Gijs van Wulfen leads ideation processes and is the founder of the FORTH innovation method. He is the author of Creating Innovative Products & Services, published by Gower.11. Venessa Miemis Venessa Miemis is a Media Studies graduate student at the New School in NYC, exploring what happens at the intersection of technology, culture, and communication. Connect with her at www.emergentbydesign.com and on Twitter @venessamiemis. .12. Jeffrey Baumgartner Jeffrey Baumgartner is the founder of jpb.com, makers of Jenni innovation process management software. He also edits Report 103, a popular eJournal on business innovation. Contact Jeffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.jpb.com/.
13. Rowan Gibson Rowan Gibson is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on enterprise innovation. He is a co-founder of Innovation Excellence and author of the bestseller Innovation to the Core. Rowan Gibson is a much in-demand public speaker around the globe. On Twitter he is @RowanGibson14. Robert Tucker Robert B. Tucker is the President of The Innovation Resource Consulting Group. He is a speaker, seminar leader and an expert in the management of innovation and assisting companies in accelerating ideas to market..15. Jose Baldaia Jose Baldaia blogs about innovation in English and Portuguese at Intuinovare and on Twitter he is @Jabaldaia. . FEATURED BLOGGER16. Braden Kelley Braden Kelley is an experienced innovation speaker and trainer, pull marketing strategist, and social business architect. He is the author of Stoking Your Innovation Bonfire and has been advising companies on how to increase their revenue and cut their costs since 1996. Braden writes frequently on the topic of continuous innovation and works with clients to create innovative strategies, effective customer marketing, organizational change, and improved organizational performance. He has maximized profits for companies while living and working in England, Germany, and the United States. Braden earned his MBA from top-rated London Business School. He is @innovate on Twitter.17. Stefan Lindegaard Stefan Lindegaard is a speaker, network facilitator and strategic advisor who focus on the topics of open innovation, intrapreneurship and how to identify and develop the people who drive innovation.
18. Drew Boyd Drew Boyd is Assistant Professor of Marketing and Innovation at the University of Cincinnati and Executive Director of the MS-Marketing program. Follow him at www.innovationinpractice.com and at http://twitter.com/drewboyd.19. Paul Sloane Paul Sloane writes, speaks and leads workshops on creativity, innovation and leadership. He is the author of The Innovative Leader and editor of A Guide to Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing, both published by Kogan-Page..20. Mike Shipulski Dr. Mike Shipulski (certfied TRIZ practioner) brings together the best of TRIZ, Axiomatic Design, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (2006 DFMA Contributor of the Year), and lean to develop new products and technologies. His blog can be found at Shipulski On Design.
21. Stephen Shapiro Stephen Shapiro is the author of five books including “Best Practices Are Stupid” and “Personality Poker” (both published by Penguin). He is also a popular innovation speaker and business advisor.22. Robert F Brands Robert Brands is the founder of InnovationCoach.com, and the author of “Robert’s Rules of Innovation: A 10-Step Program for Corporate Survival,” with Martin Kleinman – published Spring 2010 by Wiley (www.robertsrulesofinnovation.com).23. Paul Williams Paul Williams is a professional problem solver at Idea Sandbox. He can help you create remarkable ideas to grow your business. You may read more at his website and find him Twittering as @IdeaSandbox. . FEATURED BLOGGER 24. Kevin McFarthing Dr. Kevin McFarthing is an innovation specialist with thirty years of senior innovation experience. He was Head of Strategic Alliances, and Head of R&D for Health & Personal Care at Reckitt Benckiser, a $16bn consumer goods company where 30% of sales come from products launched in the last three years. He now runs the Innovation Fixer consultancy, using his insight and experience to help companies improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their innovation. He advises, mentors and teaches innovation and is the author of a chapter in A Guide to Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing, together with one in the soon to be published Open Innovation in the Food and Beverage Industry. You can find more details at www.innovationfixer.com, and follow @InnovationFixer on Twitter.
25. Steve Todd Steve Todd is Director at EMC Innovation Network, and a high-tech inventor and book author “Innovate With Global Influence“. An EMC Intrapreneur with over 180 patent applications and billions in product revenue, he writes about innovation on his personal blog, the Information Playground. Twitter: @SteveTodd26. Nicolas Bry Nicolas Bry is a Senior VP at Orange. He’s developed strong expertise in innovation management, creating digital business units with international challenges. He completed a professional thesis on rapid innovation at HEC Business School.27. Donna Sturgess Donna Sturgess is the President and Co-founder of Buyology Inc and former Global Head of Innovation for GlaxoSmithKline. Her latest book is Eyeballs Out: How To Step Into Another World, Discover New Ideas, and Make Your Business Thrive . THE HUMAN FACTOR, INC.Holly is CEO of THE HUMAN FACTOR, Inc., and helps business leaders and their companies achieve excellence by creating clarity onwhat winning looks like and determining how to get there with the resources and energy of the organization aligned and focused.An experienced business leader and behavioral scientist, Holly has a rare combination of extensive academic training and in-the-trenches experience working in and leading organizations. Her post graduate work in neurophysiology enables her to help othersvisit and play with their brains more effectively. She was previously President of The Ken Blanchard Company and LumMed, Inc.Holly’s clients include Microsoft, Hilton Worldwide, Edwards LifeSciences, SKLZ, and Google as well as numerous small and midsizedbusinesses.Holly’s top selling book, More Than a Minute: How to be an Effective Leader & Manager in Today’s Changing World(available in 9 languages globally) goes beyond the theory of leading and managing by providing practical, action-orientedinformation. Her newest book, Using Your Brain…to win in today’s hyper-paced world, will be released soon. Downloadcomplimentary tools and resources at MoreThanaMinute.comJoin the conversation with Holly on Innovation Excellence or at Forbes.com and play with your brain! Reach out to her directly email@example.com
28. Jorge Barba Jorge Barba is an Innovation Insurgent and is the Creative Strategist at Blu Maya, a San Diego based Digital Marketing Firm that helps organizations build their online business with strategy development for new products and services. He’s also the author of the innovation blog Game Changer. And lastly, you can follow him on Twitter @jorgebarba.29. Kamal Hassan Kamal Hassan is President and CEO of Innovation 360 Institute, an innovation management and operation advisory group based in Dubai. Mr. Hassan works with both public and private organizations on business model innovation, innovation strategy, innovation project execution and organizational change. In July and August, Mr. Hassan will be leading workshops on Business Model Innovation and Design in Istanbul, Turkey and Denver, CO (USA). For more information, visit www.i360institute.com.30. Sarah Miller Caldicott Sarah Miller Caldicott, is an innovation author and great grandniece of Thomas Edison. She is co-author of Innovate Like Edison, and author Inventing the Future: What Would Thomas Edison Be Doing Today? Sarah is professional speaker, and the Founder/CEO of Power Patterns of Innovation.31. Kevin Roberts Kevin Roberts is the CEO worldwide of The Lovemarks Company, Saatchi & Saatchi. For more information on Kevin, please go to www.saatchikevin.com. To see this blog at its original source, please go to www.krconnect.blogspot.com.
32. Moises Norena Moises Norena is Global Director of Innovation at Whirlpool, where he leads a team on the infrastructure that enables innovation. Whirlpool is a company recognized for its commitment to making innovation an enterprise capability by engaging employees in the discipline.33. Maria Paula Oliveira Maria Paula Oliveira is the Manager of Corporate Innovation at Serasa Experian and Experian Latin America, a major credit and marketing information corporation. Her core expertise includes innovation management, market analysis, trends identification, business development, negotiation, strategic planning, competitive intelligence and marketing. Maria Paula is both an American and Brazilian citizen.34. Hutch Carpenter Hutch Carpenter is the Vice President of Product at Spigit. Spigit integrates social collaboration tools into a SaaS enterprise idea management platform used by global Fortune 2000 firms to drive innovation.35. Saul Kaplan Saul Kaplan is the Founder and Chief Catalyst of the Business Innovation Factory (BIF). Saul shares innovation musings on his blog at It’s Saul Connected and on Twitter at @skap5..36. Holly G Green Holly is the CEO of THE HUMAN FACTOR, Inc. (www.TheHumanFactor.biz) and is a highly sought after and acclaimed speaker, business consultant, and author. Her unique approach to creating strategic agility, helping others go slow to go fast, will change your thinking.
37. Mike Myatt Mike Myatt, is a Top CEO Coach, author of “Leadership Matters…The CEO Survival Manual“, and Managing Director of N2Growth.38. Deborah Mills-Scofield Deb, founder of Mills-Scofield LLC, is an innovator, entrepreneur and non-traditional strategist with 20 years experience in industries ranging from the Internet to Manufacturing with multinationals to start ups. She is also a partner at Glengary LLC, a Venture Capital Firm.39. Adam Hartung Adam Hartung, author of “Create Marketplace Disruption“, is a Faculty and Board member of the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, Managing Partner of Spark Partners, and writes for “Forbes” and the “Journal for Innovation Science.”.40. Julie Anixter Julie Anixter is Chief Innovation Officer at Maga Design and the managing editor and co-founder of Innovation Excellence. She worked with Tom Peters for five years on bringing big ideas to big audiences. Now she works with the US Military and other high test innovation cultures that make a difference. . If your favorite didn’t make the list, then next year try to rally more votes for them or convince them to become an Innovation Excellence contributing author and they’ll earn more points based on the quality and the quantity of their contributions. Happy New Year everyone! Don’t miss an article (5,000+) – Subscribe to our RSS feed and join our Innovation Excellence group!
.Are you an innovation practitioner, academic, or enthusiast?Innovation Excellence is the online home of the global innovation community, building upon a rapidly-growing network with thousands ofmembers from over 175 countries – thought leaders, executives, practitioners, consultants, vendors, and academia representing all sectors andindustries. Our mission is to broadly enhance innovation by providing a forum for connection and conversation across this community –assembling an ever-growing arsenal of resources, best practices and proven answers for achieving innovation excellence.Come join the community at http://innovationexcellence.com/community/communityAre you looking to connect with the global innovation community?Innovation Excellence is THE opportunity to make a direct connection with the global innovation community.Our members: attend innovation conferences buy innovation software and apps hire innovation consultants book innovation leadership courses order innovation books engage innovation speakers and training require other innovation servicesWhere else can you engage with over 100,000 unique monthly visitors frommore than 175 countries who have a passionate interest in your innovationofferings for as little as $100 per week?For more information on advertising please email us or visit:http://www.innovationexcellence.com/advertise