In this session we will explore the new approach to customer experience in recruiting, which is all about developing relationships and maintaining the conversation about the living brand that is your organization. Personalizing the experience before you even have an opportunity is more important than ever, this approach to talent management is a strategy that helps you create a pool for your company, complements your corporate culture, and aligns with business objectives. We will also review innovative and dynamic strategies for onboarding, retaining and engaging staff.
During this Spotlight Webinar, attendees will hear:
The role customer experience plays in talent development.
How to develop your organization’s living brand.
Employee engagement powerhouse tips.
The presentation will begin at the top of the hour.
A dial in number will not be provided.
Listen to today’s webinar using your computer’s
speakers or headphones.
Welcome to the webinar!
Tools You Can Use
– A dial in number will not be provided.
– Adjust the volume by sliding the indicator
in the Media Player box to the right.
– Also check your computer’s volume for
external speakers or headsets.
HRCI & SHRM
1. May I receive a copy of the slides?
YES! Click on the resource list located on the top right portion
of your screen.
2. May I review the webinar recording at a later date?
YES! You may log in again using today’s link to review the
3. Is this webinar HRCI or SHRM certified?
YES! The HRCI certification code will appear in the box to the
right of the slides after the required watch-time has
“Disrupting your Approach to Talent Management”
By Cat Graham EVP People and Engagement
What we will cover
• Customer experience in talent development
• Developing your living brand
• Employee engagement powerhouse tips
What role do you play in your organization?
• Talent Leader/Recruiting Manager
• Human Resources Director
• Hiring Manager
Rule number 1
In the war for talent, you have to differentiate in a meaningful
How customer experience applies to Talent Management
• Customer experience attracts
• Customer experience changes
mindset into a customer centric
• Recruiting and relationship to the
• Bad ‘customers’ share their
Identify the gaps in your current recruitment process
• Rec to hire time
• Internal referral stream
• Frequency of contact with candidate
• Number of qualified candidates per role
• Feedback time
• Employee engagement in recruiting
Rule number 2
Go mobile-make use of real time technology in information sharing and gathering
Its take a village, people!
• Personalize the approach to
recruits and employees to
improve the customer
• Get to know them and be
where they are
• Provide candidate and
employee friendly tools like
mobile app HRIS platforms
and text messaging
• Check in on a regular basis
turning the candidate into an
ambassador of the
Developing your living network
• Keep it professional and active
• Share valuable thought
• Share opportunities in your
• Make it personal
• Share relevant news about
When you know you know
• Move quickly
• 48 hours to response
• Send complete offer in
one our-make it
• Have manager and
peers reach out
• Close out other
The living brand
Why when someone sneezes do we offer a Kleenex….
….that is branding
The same thing draws candidates to employers and helps retain employees at
There are many paid service tools out there to help you in this endeavor, but you
need to take an active hand in developing your company’s living brand to really
disrupt your talent game
The Employer Brand
• Significantly impacts the ability to recruit
and retain top talent
• Increases employee engagement >
reduces employee turnover
• Defines your “Employer Value
• TIP-Be consistent with your brand,
thread it into your comms internally and
Rule number 3
Make greater use of technology in bringing your business and
culture to life
Start with social
• Do your social feeds reflect
• Type of work you do?
• Do you share updates about
new hires, wins, awards your
company has won?
• Are your social feeds
regularly updated? Are the
relevant? Do your own
employees follow them?
• Do you have creative and fun
• Create social committee
• Social channels should
reflect your culture
• Innovate to draw people to
• Encourage ambassadors
to update channels
• HR teams need to collaborate
with comms teams
• Goal-candidates will know your
brand before first contact
• Consider Kleenex
• Live where your candidates are
• Effective branding and effective
recruiting rely on effective
Your employees first
• The most underutilized
asset in employer branding
is your employees
• Ask employees to share on
social their employee
• Share photos engagement
Rule number 4
Top down structures are being replaced
by dynamic collaborative interactive
structures that encourage interactivity
between your team and your talent
Little things can make a big difference
BE ACCESSIBLE: BE PROACTIVE:
BE HONESTSOLICIT FEEDBACK:
walking the halls is more
important than town halls
shape the story
before it shapes
open your ears
and your mind
the power of
“I don’t know”
Simple ways to engage
• Encourage organic activities
• Go mobile
• Get creative
• Get a sofa
Please complete the
Register for the next Webinar!
Adapt HR Practices to the Digital
September 28, 2016
Webinars start at 2 p.m. Eastern / 11 a.m. Pacific
Register for all upcoming Workforce Webinars at
OR click the icon on the widget bar!