“HOW IT’S MADE:
DEMAND FUNNEL REPORTING (DFR)”
CEO & Founder
DemandGen International, Inc.
Sample Demand Funnel
Key Inventory Stages and Activities
Why the Demand Funnel Record?
• Sales has long had detailed and cohesive metrics
that can easily be tracked.
• We believe Marketing should have similar
metrics in order to understand and predict the
quality and contribution of their leads and the
impact that they have on the process.
• To take this further, Marketing and Sales should
be able to operate off of a shared view of the
process and the funnel.
The Power of Factory Thinking
Sales and marketing should now view
demand generation, not as a series of
disjointed activities and one & done
campaigns, but as a unified set of
processes — a specialized kind of factory
— that consistently and predictably
The Demand Funnel Record: Goals
• Track progress thru and within the funnel
• Understand current inventory and know how fast
leads and opportunities are moving.
• Evaluate which campaigns or offers are driving
• Track first-touch, last-touch, x-touch. Access historical
• Measure ROI
• Evaluate opportunities created and closed won
The Demand Funnel Record
• Centralized Cross-Object Reporting
• 1 Record. No object hierarchy. Allows for reporting
and connection of data at all levels of the funnel.
• Funnel History and Conversion
• Allows for reporting and metrics otherwise only
available via BI solutions.
• Facilitates Process and Prevents Data Loss
• Specific architecture allows for sales to convert leads
but also pull back later opportunity creation.