Saint Patrick’s Day
Take this quiz and
the «luck of the
Irish» be with
1. How is Saint Patrick’s Day popularly known?
a. Paddy’s day b. Irish day
c. 3/17 d. Greenish day
CORRECT ANSWER: a. Paddy’s day
2. How many leaves does a SHAMROCK have?
a. two b. three
c. four d. five
CORRECT ANSWER: a. three
3.What will you get if you don’t wear green on
Saint Patrick’s Day in the USA?
a. A pinch b. A prize
c. A kiss d. A fine
CORRECT ANSWER: a pinch
4. What colour was originally associated with
a. orange b. blue
c. green d. red
CORRECT ANSWER: b. blue
5. According to the legend, what animals did
Saint Patrick chase out of Ireland?
a. horses b. wolves
c. snakes d. rats
CORRECT ANSWER: c.snakes
6. Which of these is a nickname for Ireland?
a. Snake-free island b. Angel island
c. Green Isle d. The Emerald Isle
CORRECT ANSWER:d. The Emerald Isle
7. According to one popular belief, what would
you find a leprechaun hiding at the end of the
a. marshmallows b. A pot of gold
c. shamrocks d. pearls
CORRECT ANSWER: b. a pot of gold
8. Why is Saint Patrick’s Day celebrated on
a. The day Saint Patrick arrived in Ireland
b. The day Saint Patrick was born
c. The day Saint Patrick died
d. The day Saint Patrick left Ireland
CORRECT ANSWER: c.The day Saint Patrick died
9. Which of these dishes is commonly eaten on
Saint Patrick’s Day?
a. Corned beef and cabagge b. Ring cake
c. Turkey and sauercraut d. haggis
CORRECT ANSWER: a. corned beef and cabagge
10. The United States is home to the famous Saint
Patrick’s Cathedral. In which city would you find
this historical building?
a. Boston b. Chicago
c. Washington D.C. d. New York City
CORRECT ANSWER: d. New York City