We begin by addressing business quizzers Explain everything! 20 questions to solve 5 points for making a discovery
1. Originally just white and silken, later used for such stuff with repeated geometric patterns. Repaid and pampered, but nothing to do with the word two.
ANSWER DIAPER From the Latin Diasprum, "thoroughly white," or perhaps "white interspersed with other colors," from dia- + aspros "white. Repaid anagram etc. The visuals are examples of the geometric patterns
ANSWER Horace Logan, producer and MC of the Louisiana Hayride, a country music show performed live at the Shreveport Municipal Auditorium and broadcast on RADIO KWKH said “Elvis has left the building’” for the first time in 1956. He was attempting to get the somewhat bowled over audience to settle down .
6. Eyetie, Limeys, beheaded dispenser-turned-detective and Russian who sounded like he was about to murder relatives. All of them have tonnes of this stuff.
ANSWER The Sonnet. Variants include the Italian (Petrarchan), the English (Shakespearean), the Spenserian and the Pushkin sonnet. Thus the clues (Di-Spenser and Push Kin). And tonnes was an anagram for the answer.
7. Turtledove likes to square everything. Clearly, in black and white
ANSWER Harry Turtledove’s alternate history series titled Settling Accounts.
ANSWER The Great Wall Marathon, run along some length of the monument .
9. Source and output. Best answered in three words.
ANSWER Spode Bone China. Top picture shows the Spode Pottery Works set up by Josiah Spode at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire .
10. What the falconer borrowed from Greek hero was more than moa n mange!
ANSWER William Faulkner borrowed the title As I Lay Dying from words spoken by Agamemnon in Homer’s Odyssey . The surname Faulkner once denoted the profession the clue alludes to. Anagram for Greek hero should lead to cuckold-hero .
11. Sod errs, but does not go South with rules.
ANSWER Robert Heinlein could have written these words in Time Enough for Love with business quizzers in mind! “ A human being should be able to change a diaper , plan an invasion , butcher a hog , conn a ship , design a building , write a sonnet , balance accounts , build a wall , set a bone , comfort the dying , take orders , give orders , cooperate, act alone , solve equations , analyze a new problem , pitch manure , program a computer , cook a tasty meal , fight efficiently , die gallantly . Specialization is for insects .”