Rules• 20 questions in the prelims• Questions 15-20 are starred and would be used in case of a tie• 6 teams would qualify for the finals• Quizmaster’s discretion would be final.• Use of mobile phones and internet (Googling etc.) during the prelims is strictly prohibited and will lead to disqualification.• Participants are expected to quiz in the spirit of quizzing• Audience is requested not to litter the venue• ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE!• Happy Quizzing!
3. "is especially impressive inhindsight. The trios selection wasarguably one of the best show-business decisions over the pastdecade... they have shownadmirable grace and steadiness inthe face of teen superstardom.“The above is a comment by LATimes writer Geoff Bucher aboutthe casting of which famous trio
4. Iconic scene of which movie is being parodied?
5. “Najdiki fayda dekhnese pehle door ka nuksaansochna chahiye”Famous dialogue fromwhich movie.
11. Which blockbuster Indianmovie set in the postindependence era revolvesaround a race between a tongaand a bus service and was rereleased in colour in 2007?
12. Created by JordanMechner, this video gamefranchisee was originallydeveloped for the Apple IIComputer.This has now been spawnedto an action film which wasreleased in 2010.
13. The U.S. and India are accepted ashaving the world’s two largest filmindustries, referred to as Hollywoodand Bollywood respectively. The thirdlargest film industry is termedNollywood. Which country does itbelong to?
14. X formerly worked as a softwareengineer for Oracle Version Six andearned his first National Award forhis song in KandukondainKandukondain. He had a successfulrun with the band SILK and in 2010he started the X Academy to offertraining in Hindustani and CarnaticMusic, Indian folk music andreligious chanting. Id X
RULES• 6 questions based on minimalist posters.• Teams have to write down the answer on the sheet of paper that they are provided with.• Teams will exchange answer sheets at the end of the round• +5 for every correct answer. No negative marking.• Audience is requested to be patient enough to wait for their turn• Quizmaster’s decision is final
Rules• 12 questions on infinite bounce• +10 for every right answer• No negative marking• Part points on Quizmaster’s discretion• Audience is requested to be patient enough to wait for their turn.• Quizmaster’s discretion is final
1. Which movie’s titlesequence depicts the insideof the narrators’ brain at amicroscopic level and themovie itself is seen as a criticof the consumerist culture?
2. This novel written by aWashington Post ColumnistDavid Ignatius was originallytitled Penetration and wasrenamed as _______ afterWarner Bros bought its rights.
3. Probably one of the most expensive songsever made, the lyrics of this song wererewritten 105 times by the lyricist ShakeelBadayuni until they were approved byNaushad. Shot in a part of the Lahore Fort,this song was recorded in a studio bathroomto get the desired reverberation. Whichlegendary song is being discussed?
4. The screenplay of this movie waswritten by Gore Vidal and Francis FordCoppolla. Its name is a question byAdolf Hitler to his chief of staff and themovie is based on a bestselling book byLarry Collins and Dominique Lapierre. Idthe movie.
5.Listed by the Times Magazine as one of thegreatest Indian movies of all time, this moviehas been immensely popular in Turkey,Afghanistan, Romania, China etc. Said to beone of the favourite movies of Chairman Maodue to the socialist theme in it, it wasreferenced in the Chinese movie ThePlatform and was remade as Avare in Turkeyin 1964. Identify the movie.
7. Which movie was based on the1961 Hungarian film drama Kétfélidő a pokolban ("Two half-times inHell") and was supposedly inspiredby the true story of a Death Matchinvolving the players of DynamoKiev?
8. Each week, Pierre and his friendsorganise what is called as ‘un diner decons’ . He brings a ‘special guest’ FrancoisPignon for their humor, but everythinginstead goes haywire. This particular 1998movie was remade into which bollywoodmovie in 2007?
9. Who are they and why arethey dressed like this?
Peter Jackson and StevenSpielberg, Producer andDirector of The Adventures ofTintin, dressed as Thomsonand Thompson!
10. This movie was originally supposed to be an IndoAmerican co-production to be simultaneously shot inboth Hindi and English and was envisaged after theAmerican director Tad Danielewski and Pearl S buckapproached Dev Anand. Due to differences inopinion Dev Anand postponed the Hindi versionwhich eventually went on to become one of themasterpieces of Bollywood. Identify this movie.
11. The title of the movie in English is‘Song of the Little Road’ and the movienever had a complete script, insteadrelying on the drawings and notes ofthe director. The movie was partlyfinanced by the West BengalGovernment and the loan was given onrecord for road improvement. Aboutwhich movie are we talking about?
12. He is associated with creating themasala genre in Bollywood. Hisdirectional venture was the movieChhalia in 1960 and his father was theowner of Paramount Studios laterknown as Filmalaya. Identify this veryfamous Indian director.
1. X is a nickname given to broad sub genreof Western films which emerged in 1960s. Itwas a unique style of Sergio Leone and verymuch copied film making style bringing hugecommercial success. The nickname wasgiven by American critics because most ofthe movies were produced and directed byItalians. Id X
2. As a movie student, George Lucas was choosen byColumbia pictures to shoot short behind the scenedocumentaries on the making of this Western in1967. Lucas was actually on location in Utah for theshooting of this movie. He released a documentaryversion called 6-18-67, which was the day theshooting of this movie finished. This movie wouldlater be an influence on another famous epicadventure. Name the movie
4. X was initially named Jadoo, which wastaken from a line in a poem by his father,"Lamba, lamba kisi jadoo ka fasana hoga”. Hewas given his present name because it was theclosest to the word Jadoo. Identify X whoreceived the Awadh Ratan from the UPGovernment in 2001 and won the PadmaBhushan in 2007.
James Bond!!American ornithologist, whosename was supposedly theinspiration for Ian Flemings’fictional British spy
6. The title of this movie is taken from aKatherine Mayo book and its script wasreviewed by the Indian Ministry of ForeignAffairs and Indian Ministry of Information andBroadcasting on suspicions of causing harm tothe national interest. The film is actually aremake of a 1940 movie by the same directorand has been remade in Telugu and Tamil. Idthis movie
7. He won the Golden Globe for BestActor for Camelot in 1968. He also hasa Grammy to his name for hisalbum Jonathan Livingston Seagull .Mickie Rourke dedicated his BAFTAbest actor award to him. What was hislast contribution to the world ofentertainment?
8. During the 1950s his tunes werebanned by AIR as they found it tootrendy and hence Radio Ceylon was theonly source of his songs leading to a risein popularity of the radio channel. Hewas infamous for never working withLata Mangeshkar and some of hisfamous compositions include Yeh DeshHai Veer Jawano Ka and KajraMohabbatwala. Id this great
9. Several things made this multi-Oscar nominated films productiondifferent from its peers. One suchaspect was that instead of shooting atthe now traditional rate of 24 framesper second, the film was shot at aslightly slower rate, at 22 framessecond. This deliberate choice wasmade to evoke the period the film isset in. Which film are we talkingabout?
10. ‘No mans life can beencompassed in one telling. There isno way to give each year its allottedweight, to include each event, eachperson who helped to shape alifetime. What can be done is to befaithful in spirit to the record and totry to find ones way to the heart ofthe man…’Which movie begins with thisstatement from the filmmakers?
11. Bornin Bijnaur, UP, he made his debut as adirector in 1968 with the Shashi Kapoormovie Haseena Maan Jaayegi. After aseries of movies like Aakhri Daku and Mela,he is remembered for his landmark 70‘smovie, that launched a new trend in Indianmovies, and was based on the Hollywoodmovie Death Rides a Horse. Name either thedirector or the movie in question.
Rules• Last round of the quiz!!!!• 6 visuals having a common theme between them .• Points for the connect/theme will be indicated on the slide of the respective visual.• No points for the individual images• Quizmaster’s discretion is final
Criticism/Appreciation for content and questions can be directed @ email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org This quiz will be uploaded on Slideshare within a few days http://www.slideshare.net/AnmolGarg2