To present the know-how of integrating social media into business practices with the view to boost your brand on social media, Digital Marketing Head and SEO of AfzalKhan.org, Afzal Khan led an interactive webinar for the community.
Learn how to integrate social media into business practice webinar by Afzal Khan of Afzalkhan.org
How to Integrate SOCIAL MEDIA into
Business Practice to Boost your BRAND
using Social media platforms.
• Afzal Khan is a Technology
Entrepreneur and is among the
pioneers of Search Industry in
• Afzal is well known, respectable
and one among very few of Digital
Marketing Consultant who has
done SEO for large enterprise E-
commerce platforms along with
hands-on practical SEO, Blogging,
Social Media & Paid Marketing
experience working for Fortune 500
Clients, International Speakers &
• Afzal has been into Digital
Marketing industry for more than
• Twitter handle @afzee
• If you have Question’s anytime during live
session, please use Chat Box in the right.
• There will be time for Q&A at the end of webinar.
• All attendees will receive webinar recording,
slides PDF copy, YouTube video link and all
materials for future viewing.
• You can also ask your Question’s at Twitter using
hashtag #DigitalVidyaLive your Q will be
answered during Q&A.
Today’s Webinar Topic
• Why does your Business or Company needs Social
• Framing your business case to be ready for social
• Content strategy for sharing on various social channels.
• Best practices using social media for Online Branding.
• Learn about various social media channel’s & finding
the right platform/channel for your Business.
• Social media tools [Measurement, Listening &
• Global active Internet users totals 3.175 Billion, nearly half
of world’s population (7.357 Billion)
• As for Social Media, over 2.206 Billion active users, a
global penetration of 30%
• There are 3.734 Billion Unique Mobile Users, accounting for
a 51% worldwide penetration
• 1.925 Billion users utilize their mobiles for Social Media
• Social Media users have risen by 176 Million in the last year
• Facebook adds ½ million new users every day; 6 new profiles
every second. An ever-expanding market worth tapping into.
• 12 new active mobile social users are added every second,
that’s 1 Million per day
• WhatsApp has gained 300 Million new users since this time
last year (August 2014), a year on year growth of 60%
• 243 million internet users in India.
• Total users may increase to 500 million by 2018.
• India ranked 3rd in terms of total number of Internet
users after China & US.
• Mobile penetration of active internet users is
• Total 92+ Million active social media users via their
mobile, which is almost 41% of the total mobile internet
• Facebook is the most browsed social network on social
media with a large base of 100 Million users. More than
80% of those users access Facebook via their mobile
• Twitter users in India are 33 Million and from this base
76% of users access it via their mobile phone.
Source – TechinAsia.com
Why your Company need Social Media?
• Your customer’s are online.
• Ton’s of Opportunity to add values.
• Customer Advocacy: Your greatest marketing asset.
• Identify Potential Advocate’s.
• Social can be springboard for success in other
Framing your business
case to be ready for
Framing your Business Case
• What are your Objectives?
• What problem are you
• Who you are targeting?
• How will you measure
Social campaign success?
• What resource will this
• What type of investment is
• BONUS: Social Media
Templates - Ready to use,
will save you hours of
Social Media Policy
• Have Social Media Policy in place.
• Adidas Social Media Policy
• Yamaha Social Media Policy
Bonus: Best practices for developing a social media policy for your
Social Media Content Strategy
What kind of Content to publish and share?
• Adjacent Content
• Tips & Tricks
• Responses – Twitter Chats
• Non-promotional company information
• Job Openings
• Industry Round ups – curate best content from
your industry to become go to source for all
Golden Rules of Social Marketing
• Don’t take yourself too seriously.
• Have good content, solid offers and clear call to
• Social as an inbound marketing tactic is not
• Always add value
• Never forget that Social is a two-way street
• Listening is most important on social.
• Don’t Do Social; Be Social : The 4-1-1 Rule
Source Credit: Marketo.com
Frequency of Updates: Best time & day!
• Buffer.com - https://goo.gl/DUxPX8
Content Mix Pyramid
Content Marketing Institute
Content Presentation Method
Content Marketing Institute
Engagement & Interaction
• Ask for Help
• Keep it Simple
• Cross promote your content for discoverability
• Monitor and Listen
Consistent Branding & Voice
• Brand Guidelines
• Know your audience
• Be Human
• Integrate your Campaigns
Your Social presence is just an extension of your
• What is your Brand voice and personality?
• What do we stand for, and what do we represent?
• What is our value proposition and differentiating
• What are our defined visual branding elements (logo,
font, color etc.)?
How Brands earn Familiarity, Trust &
• Show up
• Be Human
• Be Off-topic
• Add Value
• Don’t be Exclusionary
• Practice Etiquette
• Be aware of Current Events
Most Popular Social Networks
• Google Plus
Social Media Doesn’t Stop here
Finding the right social network?
• There is no one answer to this
question and varies for each and
• Good First Step is to visit
KnowEm.com - It allows you to
check for the use of your brand,
product, personal name or
username instantly on over 500
popular and emerging social
• Grab your name and secure your
brand before someone else does.
Roadmap Choosing Right Platform
Small Exercise for all participants.
1. Objective & Goals
2. Target Customer
3. Ideal Social Site – Which platform fit in with as discussed
company goals & requirements
Useful Resource for more insights: https://goo.gl/y5s4xz
Tip: Don’t limit your thinking to vertical, Go horizontal too.
Social Media ROI & Handy Tools
for your success at Social media
FREE Tools for Measuring Social Media
1. Hootsuite.com – It’s one of
the best free social media
management all around
tool available to use for
management and metrics
tracking. You can schedule
posts from multiple social
media channels as well as
create individual reports.
The free metrics are
somewhat limited, but for
beginners it’s all you will
2. SocialMention.com is an
aggregate tool similar to
Google Alerts, but for social
media only. This will give
you insight into not only
what is being said, but who
is saying it and what the
general sentiment is.
It analyses data in more
depth and measures
influence with 4 categories:
Passion and Reach.
3. The Facebook insights
dashboard gives you all
of the analytics data for
your Facebook page.
The insights allow you
to understand your
audience, what they are
reacting to, and adjust
your content to meet
4. Twitter now has its own
analytics dashboard. With
Twitter Analytics you can
track timeline activity,
including tweets that
retweeted, and replied to.
The tool also tracks
number of mentions, new
followers and newly
Google Analytics: Custom Social Media
5. Google Analytics does a
nice job tracking the
number of visitors to
visit a website from
channels. These custom
reports give you
additional insights as to
how traffic is being
driven to your website.
Few more Free Tools
• HowSociable http://www.howsociable.com/
• SumAll https://sumall.com/
• Bitly https://bitly.com/
• Tweetreach http://tweetreach.com/
• Keyhole http://keyhole.co/
• Followerwonk https://moz.com/followerwonk/
• Twazzapp http://www.twazzup.com/
• Google Alerts https://www.google.com/alerts
• Google Analytics
Paid Tools for Monitoring & Response
• Buffer https://buffer.com/
• Sprout Social http://sproutsocial.com/
• Mesh Fire http://www.meshfire.com/
• Social Studio
1. Content value addition is more important
2. Social media is integrated part of your entire
marketing and everything.
3. Social can be springboard for success in other
4. Listening is most important on social.
5. Brand Consistency and being real makes
social campaign more powerful.
Question & Answer
Head Digital Marketing at AfzalKhan.Org
Personal Website: http://www.afzalkhan.org/
Thank You for attending
Need Help with Social
Media. Contact me at