What child is this?
• Original title is “Greensleeves”. Legend says
that the king Henry VIII dedicated this song
to Ann Boleyn
The twelve days of Christmas
• Traditional folk song for Christmas.
Describes traditions of each day of
Santa Claus is coming
• One of the most famous songs in America. It
has been sold more than 400,000 copies.
the Christmas tree
• OST “Home alone”
• First came out in 1958
Jingle bell rock
• "Jingle Bell Rock" is a popular Christmas
song first released by Bobby Helms in 1957.
It has received frequent airplay in the United
States during every Christmas time since
Deck the Halls
• The lyrics first appeared in Welsh Melodies, a set of
four volumes authored by John Thomas with Welsh
words by John Jones and English words by Thomas
Oliphant. As can be seen from the translation of Nos
Galan below, Deck the Hall(s) is not a translation but
new words to an old song.
Carol of the bells
• "Carol of the Bells" is a popular Christmas carol,
composed by Mykola Leontovych with lyrics by
Peter J. Wilhousky. The song is based on a folk
song known in Ukrainian as "Shchedryk".
Wilhousky's lyrics and the English name are
copyrighted, although the original musical
composition is not.
We wish you a
• Traditional carol for Christmas , it`s dating
sixteen century. It can be use for Christmas
or for New Year
Let it snow!
• First recorded in 1945 by Vaughn Monroe,it became
a popular hit, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard music
chart the following year. One of the best-selling
songs of all time, "Let It Snow!" has been covered
countless times. Due to its seasonal lyrics, it is
commonly regarded as a Christmas song.
Jingle Bells" is one of the best-known and commonly sung
winter songs in the world. It was written by James Lord
Pierpont (1822–1893) and published under the title "One
Horse Open Sleigh" in the autumn of 1857.
• What carols have you known from
• Which ones are folk?
• Which of them were movie OST?
• Which one did you like the most?Why?