The presentation will explore some of the diverse ways we are using FME in Focus Corporation a Western Canada Survey / Engineering Company.
Some problems we are solving using FME I will discuss include:
- Conceptual 3D Site Plans http://www.focusprojects.ca/3d-services/conceptual-3d.html
- Automated GIS to CAD / WebGIS Conversion
- LiDAR data manipulation from UTM to Project coordinates
- Project Tracking using Excel and KML
- Large Pipeline Survey Project - Tracking and Visualization in Google Earth (Mashes up Trimble Job Book data, Georeferenced Photos, Garmin GPX data)
- Internal FME Server Applications - Base Data Clipping, Automated creation of KML files from a directory of photos, Data Conversion
The presentation will emphasis how Focus is starting to view FME as "THE" problem solving tool. We are finally able to address production and workflow issues that simply seemed to difficult to solve with just CAD or GIS software.