Know Your Ovulation Day To Get Pregnant
How do I know when I'm
Some women try to have sex on
the 14th day aiming to get
pregnant, but the fact remains
that women don’t ovulate on the
14th of their menstrual cycle. It
can occur as early as 10th day
and as late as 20th day or later
especially if a woman’s cycle is
helps to know
organs, and to
how a woman’s
The best time to get
In order to get pregnant, you
should have sex before your
ovulation starts. Keep in mind that
two to three days to your ovulation
are your most fertile days.
But when and how many times
should I have sex if I want to
Some studies shows that the best day to have sex if you want to get
pregnant is the day you realize the most fertile cervical mucus but you
should not wait for ovulation only because you might miss a chance.
Knowing your ovulation day is a
It is true that conception is most likely
during the ovulation period. This is almost
at the midst of your menstrual cycle. Try to
track your menstrual cycle for a couple of
Three ovulation signs are:
• Breast tenderness
• Some discomfort in the
middle of the abdomen
• More virginal
• Feeling more sexy
•Marking down the days on your
calendar from the day bleeding starts
to the day before the next period starts
and dividing those days by half.
This is the 14th day when a woman
A woman averagely has
28 day cycle. But you
can have as low as 22
day cycle and 35 day
cycle where ovulation
can take place around
The timing of ovulation is complex though.
You can use a combination of methods
•studying cervical fluid
•taking your body temperature and
•tracking your periods.
Although you can calculate your time of
ovulation, the day of ovulation differs from
woman to woman and can be different
from moth to month. Normal ovulation can
occur as early as day 10 and as late as
day 20 (or even later, especially if your
cycles are irregular).
Unfortunately, a number of women do not
ovulate on their 14th day in their menstrual
The fertility window
The fertility window is the best time to get pregnant.
It is the day of the menstrual cycle when intercourse is most likely to
result in pregnancy.
It extends for 6 days starting at 5 days before ovulation until the day of
ovulation. Your fertile days are the 4-5 days before and the day of
ovulation, but the most fertile days are just the 2 days before and the
day of ovulation.
But fertility window can be tricky to predict especially if the woman has
an irregular menstrual cycle.
• Women with irregular menstrual cycle have problems in
determining their fertile windows, they rely on the following:
– Physical symptoms like abdominal pain and breast tenderness.
– increased sex drive, feeling wetter and headache.
– Basal body temperature falls once ovulation starts and rises
– Cervical fluid becomes thinner and stretchable as ovulation
– Lutropin surges in their bodies once in each menstrual cycle when
they are most fertile and likely to conceive. The increased hormone
can be determined in the urine with the help of Ovulation Test Kits
for example, Cheap Ovulation (Billiga ägglossningstest)
• Having Sex a day after an established ovulation is unlikely
to improve your chances getting pregnant and these
chances are nearly zero.
• But you might improve your chances if you have sex once
a day during the fertile 4-5 days before ovulation. There
fore understanding your ovulation process is the most
important thing you can do.
• According to research published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine, the
day of ovulation is not the best day of a woman’s cycle to conceive.
• The day before ovulation is better to conceive than the day after ovulation.
How often should I have sex if am trying to
Sperm can live up to two to three days while an egg can be around for
only 12 to 24 hours. You can have sex more than once to increase the
chances of conception. It is important to have intercourse three to one
day before ovulation and on the day of ovulation. This can provide an
healthy supply of sperm in the fallopian tube when an egg is released.
Research made by the Environmental Health Sciences shows that the
more often you have sexual intercourse, the greater your chances of
Couples who have sexual intercourse every other day had better luck
at conceiving than those who did so every day.
couples who have sex once a week have 10% chances of conception
because they have a higher probability of missing the fertile window
when it is the best opportunity to conceive a baby.
Reverse rhythm method
• Couples who do not wish to get pregnant use the rhythm
method in order to make sure pregnancy is avoided.
– By keeping themselves from having sex on the ninth day of
– By stopping when they notice the cervical discharge.
• Those who are willing to conceive can use the same
method, only reversed.
• They start having sexual intercourse during the 9th day of
• They also start having sex when they see their body’s sign
Conception during a period
Sometimes a woman can conceive a baby during her period. This is
against what ovulation rules say but it can possibly happen.
– The cervical mucus can not block a powerful sperm that can swim against the thick
flow of mucus, get to the female reproductive tract and stay there.
– The sperm can survive for a maximum of five days, this can also lead to pregnancy.
• Remember that it is better to have fun in your sexual
activity as a couple.
– We should not get so obsessed about having sex at the right time.
– Sex should not feel more like a chore than a fun.
Neglecting love and connection can put tremendous stress on a
Don’t only wait and focus ovulation signs as you might miss them or
they could occur when sex just isn't possible.
It is best to keep the fun in your sexual activity because marriage
problems may arise.
• Stress affects fertility and extreme stress
may affect the ovulation period.
– Wanting a baby and getting pregnant difficulties is one of
the more stressful things a family may ever experience. So,
relax, exercise, eat a balanced diet, and avoid harmful
substances such as tobacco, caffeine and alcohol.