Questions to Actions
Talent Analytics is the application of statistics, technology, and
expertise to large sets of people data which results in better decisions
for an organization.
Need of Talent Analytics
• It consider all data rather than limited to samples
• Achieve better time to hire
• Substantially improving Source of hire and quality of hire
Traditional method follow by the HR for hiring
• Examine the data collected on those high-performing incumbents
• Hiring is done on the basics of sample data
• Organizations typically source their hires based on highly subjective
factors, such as evidence and the personal preferences of hiring
How talent analytics improves hiring
Hire data for every current employee to get most accurate result
Uses the whole of the data to discover insights
Helps weed out questions that are not relevant to workplace
Integrate the hiring tools to a far greater degree
• Searches for patterns in source of hire, identifying the common
denominators in an entire group of successful employees
• Talent analytics makes it possible for organizations to immediately
begin hiring potential high performers without the need to rebuild
the hiring tools
Hiring Questions That Should Be Addressed Through Talent
• How effective is our selection process?
• What new hire capabilities are we hiring that lead to early leadership
• Will “new hire” be able to achieve “X” goals?
•What assessment tool is the most valid predictor for potential?
• What component of our selection process is reducing early career
• What is the time to productivity?
• Does performance on the assessment predict employee engagement?
•What assessment results can we use in onboarding to ensure new hire
Six Uses of Talent Analytics
• Human-capital facts are a single version of the truth regarding
individual performance and enterprise-level data such as head count,
contingent labor use, turnover, and recruiting.
• Analytical HR collects or segments HR data to gain insights into
specific departments or functions.
• Workforce forecasts analyze turnover, succession planning, and
business opportunity data to identify potential shortages or excesses
of key capabilities long before they happen.
4- Human-capital investment analysis helps an organization understand
which actions have the greatest impact on business performance.
5- The talent value model addresses questions like “Why do employees
choose to stay with our company?” A company can use analytics to
calculate what employees value most and then create a model that will
boost retention rates.
6- The talent supply chain helps companies make decisions in real time
about talent-related demands—from optimizing a retail store’s next-day
work schedules, on the basis of predicted receipts and individuals’ sales
performance patterns, to forecasting inbound call-center volume and
allowing hourly staff members to leave early if it’s expected to drop.
Why Do We Need To Embrace The Big
Data Trend In HR
Serves as a window to employees professional lives.
Not only gain more insights on employees, but boost individual motivation
and overall engagement
Opportunity to learn why employees leave or they stay
Tools like employee statisfaction survey , team assessment , social media
Lower employee engagement as well as opportunities to boost
Measuring the potential and effectiveness of training initiatives
Should focus on obtaining data releated to training program
Conducting regular performance appraisal
More analytical and strategical
Don’t rely on repetitive resume
Learn more about potential hires
• Big data is imperative for business
• Uses of HR analytics:
i. HR predictive analysis
ii. HR supply management
iii. Employee satisfaction
iv. Finding HR time and sources
v. Integration of all departments
vi. Updating with latest HR tools
• HR analytics should focus on solving current business problems , and
then on improvement of HR processes
• Integration of HR analytics team with other functional teams is
• HR analytics is a journey
By Manish Bisht RollNo.217
Kajal Pradhan Roll No.232
Tania Kaul Roll No.234
Mona Prakash Roll No.182
Kyondo Samuel Roll No.226
Madhumita Saha Roll No.185