GOOGLE SCHOLAR IS...
It’s a SEARCH ENGINE
A STEP UP FROM GOOGLE
• Uses same search technology as Google
• Limits searches to scholarly articles, books, and
• Links DIRECTLY to Gumberg Library resources
• Need your DU multipass to access articles from off
Google Scholar has some limitations :
• Not everything is free or full text
• Not everything is indexed (searchable)
• “Scholarly” in Google Scholar does not necessarily
• ONLY scholarly sources; NO newspaper or popular
Still , it is a great resource with more
and more articles available all the time!
ON CAMPUS: LINK BACK IS SET UP ALREADY
• Click on the Find It @ Duquesne to search for full-text or search the
catalog (similar to the Find It button in the databases)
• If available in full-text elsewhere, click the HTML, PDF, or other link to
If you are working off campus, you will have to set up
Scholar Settings on your personal computer in
order to be able to link back to our databases.
If you do NOT do this, you will NOT have access to the
full-text articles in our databases while using
Google Scholar -- and will not know if we have them
available full text.
Once you set your personal computer up to link back, it will stay that way for