Daily Money Management?
What the Heck is That?!
Paraclete Ventures LLC
Trusted Daily Money Management
for Seniors and Busy Professionals
Presenter: Kent Couch
Daily Money Management
A Daily Money Manager
(DMM) is one who
performs the day-to-day
personal financial tasks for
an individual or family who
is unable or unwilling to
perform these tasks for
Where do I find a DMM?
• Government agencies serving the poor
Area Agency on Aging of Tarrant County
• Non-profit volunteers:
Catholic Charities / AARP
• Private Pay Providers
Private Pay DMMs
• Emerging 21st century profession
• More prevalent in the NE/CA/Atlanta/Chicago
• Guided by the American Association of Daily
Money Managers (AADMM )
– Strict Code of Ethics
– Certification Program (Professional DMM)
– Continual Training and Professional Growth
– Searchable Provider Directory
Who retains DMMs?
• Senior Citizens
• Physically or Mentally
• Widows / Widowers /
• Recipients of large sum Windfalls
• Need Settlement Transition
and Budget Assistance
• Busy Professionals
• High Net-Worth Individuals
• Families in Financial Crisis
What can a DMM do for me?
A Custom-Designed Package of Personal Services
Statement Reconciliation •
Tax Doc Prep and Organize
Refer to Professionals
Negotiate with Vendors
Sell and Consolidate
Direct Home Maintenance
A Daily Money Manager is NOT….
Licensed Investment Advisor
Stock or Securities Broker
Social Service Professional
DMMs work in collaboration with these professionals
to help achieve desired outcomes.
What are the benefits of a DMM?
Stress reduction for all parties
Frees up time
Organization of files and documents
Avoid late fees and penalties
Move to digital processes and archiving
Stay on task and on budget
Facilitate life’s transitions
Guides clients to help protect a settlement
Provides the client time to rest and relax
How much does a DMM cost
and how is it charged?
Initial Setup Charges (Fixed Fee)
On-Going Services are Hourly ($50-$125 p/hour)
Special Projects (Hourly or Fixed Fee)
Incidentals (Postage / Travel / Long Distance)
On-going (Most clients use 4-8 hours p/month)
Weekly / Bi-Weekly / Monthly / Semi-Monthly
Who is Paraclete Ventures LLC?
• Partnership formed in 2005 by Kent and Becky Couch
to hold a DIGIKIDS Child ID franchise
• Kent Couch coordinates private pay DMM services
• Becky Couch is a printing customer service
consultant for print clients of Hart Marketing Inc.
• Paraclete Ventures serves DMM clients in Tarrant
County, primarily Arlington and Mansfield, Texas
Who is Kent Couch?
Kent Couch is the active DMM Principal at Paraclete Ventures.
Experienced Daily Money Manager since 2009
30+ Years Experience with Small Business Financial Management
50-Year Boy Scout Veteran
Executive Board Member, Longhorn Council, BSA
Presbyterian Elder and Trustee
Member of Kiwanis Club of Arlington
Past BSA District Chairman, Arlington, TX
Past Board Member of the PIA Credit Union
Past Board Member of Nolan Catholic High School
Past Arlington ISD Teacher and Principal
Past President Southern Graphic Arts Professionals
What is a “Paraclete”?
• The term “Paraclete”
is derived from the
• “Paraclete” is found in John (Chapters 14, 15, 16)
• Signifies one who consoles or
comforts, encourages or uplifts, and hence
• One who intercedes as an advocate
• Translated as counselor, encourager, comforter
• Paraclete is another name/title for “Holy Spirit.”
The Paraclete Icon
• References ancient Christian art
• Utilizes a descending dove to represent the Holy Spirit
• Crossed “Mandorlas” create a symmetrical image
• A “Mandorla" is an almond shape which often
surrounded the figures of Christ and the Virgin Mary in
traditional Christian art.