ADAPTIVE COMPUTER LAB
Please read all information as
there are important changes.
• We will try very hard to assist you in
achieving success at Fullerton College.
• We will try very hard to match your
creativity, hard work ethic and
persistence. In other words, if you work
hard and assume the responsibilities of
a college student then you are going to
get a great deal of help in the ACL.
General ACL Hours
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
(Every other Friday to 2:00 pm)
NOTE: The least crowded times are late
afternoons, Tuesday evening and Friday.
Scanning In and Out of ACL
Scan your ID card and select your class. You
will not receive hours if you forget to scan in
and out. Your hours are your responsibility.
ATTENTION: You may scan in the
ACL if another class cancels or
NOTE: You must scan out
whenever you exit the Lab and
you must scan in when you re-
Class Progress and Hours
To check total Lab hours,
go to myFC on the FC home
page and log in as you
would a Lab computer. Lab
Usage will display total
Each 0.5 (1/2) unit requires a
specified number of Lab hours: 0.5
unit requires 27 Lab hours; 1 unit
requires 36 Lab hours; 1.5 units
require 63 Lab hours; and 2 units
require 90 Lab hours.
• You earn credit (Pass/Progress) for the
Lab hours completed in accordance
with your units, i.e. 0.5 unit with 40
hours earns 0.5 unit. Change your
units by November 17.
DEADLINES – November 17 to make
any changes to units and
November 19 is last day to drop
with a “W”.
To pass the class (P for Progress) , you
must attend one workshop, training OR
group instruction, in addition to hours.
Select Hours for Lab Usage
Write down your selected hours from below for your
educational plan form.
Average Hours per
Required to Pass
Number of Time
Slots to Select
0.5 1 ¾ 27 1
1 2 ¼ 36 2
1.5 4 63 2-3
2 5 ¾ 90 3
Persist and keep up-to-date on your progress throughout the
semester so you won’t get a “No Progress” on your transcript.
• User name is your
Student ID number.
• Password: Each semester
the password is set to
your 6-digit birthday
(mmddyy). Example –
• Your FCnet account and
MyGateway will now have
the same password.
• If you forget your
password, you will need
to reset it in MyGateway.
Logging On and
• MyGateway – Use MyGateway
portal on the FC home page to
access your email, ACL
announcements, and other
valuable FC information. Ask for
help with this, if needed.
• Printing – Printing is not free on
campus. It is 0.05¢ per page. Color
printing is now available in the
ACL (804_HpM575 ) for 0.25¢ per
• Print Account – Go to the
Bookstore cash register to add
money to your account. Student
ID is required.
Other Campus Resources
Available for Help
• ASC – Academic Support Center (Room 801)
• Skills Center (Room 801) – some great computer programs for
reading and writing.
• Tutoring Center (Room 806) – only facility on campus that
• Writing Center (Room 808) – use it as it will improve your
writing; look for their workshops and receive double ACL
hours for attending.
• Math Lab (Room 807) – provides assistance and support
for students taking Math 007 – 43, 129, 141 and 142.
• ACL website – lots of resources and free money too!
• Parrot, Inspiration Software, Mathhelp, Merit Software
and more are on ACL computers.
SOME ACL WORKSHOPS PRESENTED DURING THE SEMESTER
• Livescribe Smart Pen • Inspiration (Graphic Organizing)
• Time Management • Online Academic Resources
• Study Strategies • Note Taking and Reading
• Test Preparation • Campus Resources & Self Advocacy
• PowerPoint • MS Word and Excel
• Kurzweil (Screen reader) • Math and Test Preparation
• Scholarship Workshop • Brain and Learning
• MLA/Noodlebib for Writing & Citing • Math Review Workshop
ALL students taking an English/writing class for the first time will be REQUIRED
to attend an English & Writing Resource workshop.
Week 1 Assignment
• See Lynette if you have a Math class.
• Open Lab begins next week, Tuesday, September 5th.
• Complete Orientation and paperwork.
• Update your files in DSS office, if needed.
• Obtain your FC student ID card if you have not yet.
• Credit for your hours for Week 1 will be logged by Jassy
once all the paperwork has been completed.
• Familiarize yourself with FC resources.
• Obtain a flash drive for saving documents. Back up by
emailing to yourself or saving to your H:drive.
• New students to the Lab: Please make an appointment with
Lynette to discuss goals for your Lab class.
Important Dates & Computer Usage
• Sep. 10–last day to drop with refund & drop without a “W”
• November 17 – last day to adjust Lab units
• November 19 – last day to drop with a “W”
• Internet use must be for approved academic purposes.
Please use another campus lab or the Library for personal
• Do not try to make changes to any computer without first
checking with Lynette, Jassy or another ACL staff
• The ACL follows the Fullerton College Acceptable Use
Policy for computer usage. You may review this policy at:
GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS SEMESTER!
Formula for Growing Your Brain: Effort + Good
Strategies + Help From Others
Please ask questions if you don’t understand something.
Go to the next slide to complete the required Adaptive
Computer Lab paperwork.
A. Work to submit on-line
Please fill out the following 1. and 2. forms during the first week of each semester. Please submit each
of them when finished by clicking on the submit button.
Complete these pages in the order listed.
1. Guidelines for the Adaptive Computer Lab (all students)
2. Student Information Sheet
(all students, but there are special directions for returning students).
B. Work to print
After completing the following 3. Education Plan and 4. Writing Sample, print the forms and submit
them to Jassy.
3. Educational Plan (all students complete, PRINT and give to Jassy).
4. Writing Sample - for all first time students to the ACL. Returning students only need
to submit if they are enrolling in an English class and will be asking for assistance with their writing in
the ACL. (PRINT and give to Jassy.)
DON'T FORGET: Small group classes and workshops in Kurzweil 3000, Inspiration Software as well as
other areas will be offered during the semester. Schedules will be posted on the Lab bulletin board and
on MyGateway. Check your emails for all workshops - after attending the first REQUIRED workshop,
you will earn double-time Lab credit for attending subsequent workshops.
Click here when you know all the information in the orientation