1. JOHN Smyth
Age: 26 years old
Date and place of Birth: January 03, 1985, Dublin, Ireland
Civil Status: Single
Religion: Roman Catholic
Height and Weight: 5’8, 60 kilos.
Five Seasons Hotel Dublin
December 2006 – August 5, 2011
In-charge in hot kitchen preparing various cuisines such as Western, Italian, French (
Prepare and cook International menus both for buffets and set menu such as but
not limited to the following:
o Folegra sauce
o Braised beef cheek
o Mushroom confit
o Mushroom risotto
o Potato gnocci
o Roasted beef tenderloin
o Chicken Picatta
o Pasta ( Bolognese, white cheese, etc)
o Lamb provencal
• In-charge of menu planning in collaboration with other Chefs
• In-charge in handling VI P functions and events such as wedding, organizational
annual meeting, corporate meetings, conventions, birthday parties.
• Monitor par stocking – review the request for the up-coming events in
preparation for the ingredients needed, how many guests to be served, what to
be served. What to order to the purchasing dept.
• Report any irregularities to the Head Chef such as equipment malfunctions,
complaint from the customer about the food, report status of each menus based
on fast moving items
• Work hand-in-hand with the set menu given from the Function Dept to review the
menus to avoid miscommunication, complaints and disappointment from the
guests or clients.
2. • Counter check with the guests if they have any food allergies before preparing
the menu to ensure good service. If allergies occur, recommend change menu
and does hot holding monitoring food.
• Setting actual food sample plating and keep it for maximum 3 days for future
reference if complaints occurs.
• Handles set menus function – ensure food is good enough to the exact number
of guest with a buffer of at least 10% based on the reserved number of guest.
• Ensure that food is based on the standard taste both for buffet and plates serving
before serving to the clients especially for VIP guests.
• Handles outside catering event for various occasion by the Hotel
• Does various kinds of soup as required by the events / functions ( potato leek
soup, French onion soup, pumpkin scented with coriander, etc.
• Prepare mise en place for functions
Chef De Partie (December 2006 – February 2008)
• Prepare basic ingredient based on first in first out policy
• Run the Sauce Section
• Prepare necessary ingredients in preparation for the up-coming orders.
• Maintain cleanliness of my section in accordance with HACCP standards.
• Collaborate with Sous Chef on menu items for upcoming menus
• Ensure excellent stocking and inventory of all ingredients for my department.
• Mentor and train commis chefs on my section
2003 - 2005 Rockwell Hotel School ·
Tipperary City & Guilds 706/1 & 706/2
2 Credits & 2 Distinction
St Aidan’s Secondary
Dublin 1999 - 2003
Intermediate Certificate 7 Honours
Certificate of Participation
Dublin Black Box Culinary Challenge
14 January 2010
Quality Training and Seminars
Ireland Safety Management System (Continuous training)
Management of Hygiene in the Catering Sector