#ImSavingFor Video Contest
Sponsor: The eXtension Financial Security for All Community: http://articles.extension.org/personal_finance
Use the phrase #ImSavingFor to describe your personal savings strategies and create a one-minute video that tells
your story. Your thoughts and ideas will provide inspiration, motivation, and “how-to” tips for others.
Here’s What You Need to Do:
1. Create a one-minute video by using live video/audio feed from a smart phone and/or video editing software
tools as Windows Movie Maker or Apple iMovie. Video Contest contestants must be age 14 and over.
2. In your video, include the following information:
♦ How you are saving
♦ Where you are saving (e.g., in a bank account or employer 401(k) plan)
♦ Why you are saving
♦ The benefits of saving.
End your video by saying, or holding up a sign saying, #ImSavingFor. Then describe what you are saving for
in words and/or pictures.
3. Be creative. Hold up props for “live” videos, take photos, and/or use Creative Commons graphic images and
music that are free from copyright restrictions. For more information, see https://freeimages.red/ and
4. Upload your #ImSavingFor to YouTube and get a digital link for it.
5. From February 1- March 4, share your video link on Twitter and/or Facebook using #ImSavingFor. The
sooner you complete, upload, and promote your video, the more exposure it will receive.
6. Enter your video in the #ImSavingFor contest by completing this entry form with your video URL, a short
caption, and your e-mail address: http://americasavesweek.org/extension-imsavingfor-video-contest/
7. Three $100 Amazon gift cards will be awarded in a drawing from among those who enter the Video Contest.
For instructions about make a simple video and how to use Movie Maker software, see