ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
PRESENTATION TOPIC:- COMPUTER AND ITS
APPLICATION: PROCESS OF MEMORY
PRESENTED BY: ABUL HASAN
Computer and its application:
Process of Memory
SUBMITTED BY: ABUL HASAN SUBMITTED TO: NASRIN (MAAM)
The term computer is derived from the Latin
term ‘computare’, this means
to calculate or programmable machine.
Computer is an electronic device that is
designed to work with Information.
An application is any program, or group of programs,
that is designed for the end user.
Two types of application software's
a) Systems software (File Manager tool, operating
b) applications software (Games, Word processing).
PROCESS OF MEMORY
Computer memory is any physical device
capable of storing information temporarily or
For example, Random Access Memory (RAM),
is a volatile memory that stores information on an
integrated circuit used by the operating system,
software, and hardware
The memory of the computer is divided
into to categories:
Primary Memory:- Main memory of the computer. CPU
can directly read or write on this memory. It is fixed on the
motherboard of the computer.
1. RAM (Random Access Memory):-is a temporary memory.
Information lost if
computer turn off.
2. ROM(Read Only Memory):-Information stored
permanent in nature, it holds data if the computer switch off.
It cannot overwritten by the computer.
2. Secondary memory:- This memory is
permanent in nature.It holds the information till
we erase it.
Different types of secondary storage devices are:
1. Hard Disc capacity (Unlimited)
2. Compact Disc (upto 700 MB)
3. DVD (upto 4.7 GB)
4. Pen Drive (upto 2 TB)
5. Blue Ray disc upto 25 GB)
USE OF COMPUTER MEMORY IN EDUCATION
1. To stored books.
2. Easily mobile in the form of pen drive, disc etc.
3. Stored lots of information regarding education.
4. Stored video lectures
5. Prepare dissertation
6. Easily accessible
7. Stored notes and write-up
8. Stored essential documents the form of .pdf, .docx, .ppt, .xlc etc
9. Stored soft copy of the documents.
10.Data base formation.