2. About Volvo Cars Founded in Gothenburg, Sweden back in 1927. For over 80 years Volvo has provided transportation related products and services with a focus on quality, design, safety and environmental care. The Volvo Iron Mark is the universal symbol for strength and endurance, which reflects the Volvo commitment to high safety standards.
3. Volvo Challenges & Goals The highly competitive auto manufacturing industry creates numerous rivals for Volvo to outshine and out sell. Constant advances in technology force Volvo to keep up with new innovative technology in automobiles. With a new digital media strategy Volvo will advance beyond all competitors with increased sales and higher brand recognition.
4. Social Media Facebook- Update profile timeline daily and share photos posted by consumers. Also create interest groups and a fan page to help drive targeted traffic to Volvo main webpage. Twitter- Encourage customer feedback by directly tweeting at Volvo, to gain consumer insight. Through every advertising channel implement #Volvo to promote discussion about the brand in the Twitter community. YouTube- Post updated videos frequently including commercials, giveaways and quality interviews with CEO Stefan Jacoby, to share new and exciting information about the company. Instagram- Create contests and giveaways for consumers uploading the best photos of their Volvo to increase excitement about the brand.
5. Internet Marketing Launching an internet marketing campaign will have benefits such as; increased sales, greater consumer purchasing intent and increased buyer recommendations. Advertise Volvo with Google AdWords and reach more customers directly by purchasing keywords used by niche audience. - Design personal and creative advertisements - Choose keywords directly related to Volvo - Save money with these pay-per-click advertisements
6. Internet Marketing Con’t Potential Google AdWords Keywords -Volvo (which has global monthly searches- 13,600,000) -Vehicles for sale (global monthly searches- 4,090,000) -Sedan (global monthly searches- 3,350,000) -Car Safety (global monthly searches- 450,000) Sample Google AdWords Advertisement: Volvo New & Used Cars! We value quality, design and safety $1000 off 2012 Volvo S60
7. Mobile Strategy With an increasing number of people using smartphones, Volvo needs to establish a mobile marketing strategy Including an app for people to download where: -Volvo can send promotional deals directly to consumers to reach them instantly -Consumers can interact in a Question & Answer forum while on the go -Consumers can be involved in competitions, such as an Instagram photo contest
8. Target Market The Volvo brand has a reputation for car safety which could be used to target these demographics: -Families -Parents of teen drivers -Men & women age 65+ Google AdWords also has a contextual targeting feature which scans millions of web pages, analyzing texts to ensure that your ad finds its way to the best possible audience.
9. Budget Breakdown Digital Media campaign budget for one year: Total budget- $4,000,000.00 Social Media Campaign- $1,500,000.00 Internet Marketing Campaign- $1,000,000.00 Google AdWords Campaign- $500,000.00 Mobile Advertising- $500,000.00 Additional Fees- $500,000.00 Additional funding for seasonal peaks -August (when the new models arrive) -Holiday season (November-January)
10. Evaluating Success Measure campaign effectiveness with Google’s Reporting Tools: -Demographic Report can help identify your ideal target audience by showing if your ad performed better with certain groups -Reach and Frequency Report can tell youhow many people saw your ad and how many times they saw it over a period a time -View-Through Conversion Report shows youthe number of online conversations that resultedafter a viewer saw but didn’t click on your ad