TBC 3023 : INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN BIOLOGY ASSIGNMENT 1 : CONTENT ANALYSIS – PBL MALAYSIAN SMART SCHOOL
GROUP MEMBERS D20091034874 NOR IZZAH BT IBRAHIM D20091034847 NORAZLIN BT SALAHUDIN ABD AZIZ D20091034862 NURUL SYUHADA BT ISHAK D20091034868 NUR ILIYANA BT SHAFEAI
- Discussion - Search the internet
What are the type of ICT applocation used in Smart School ?
What are the criteria for teacher and students to be in Smart School ?
What are disadvantages or advantages of Smart School ?
What are the other MSC’s flagship ?
Smart school has higher application of ICT and have well known equipment and infrastructure
Students from Smart School should be ICT literate.
Most school upgrade to Smart School.
One of the flagship applications
Capitalise on the presence of leading-edge technologies
Creating a group of 90 pilot Smart School in 1999
All primary and secondary school in Malaysia will be Smart School by 2010
ACTIONS LEARNING ISSUES IDEAS FACTS
- Why is it the Smart School being introduced ? - How is ICT is being applied or integrated in the Smart School ? - What is the Smart School concept ? - What is the component of Smart School ? ACTIONS LEARNING ISSUES IDEAS FACTS
LEARNING ISSUES WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ICT APPLICATION USED IN THE SMART SCHOOL ?
TYPES OF ICT APPLICATION IN SMART SCHOOL OVERHEAD PROJECTOR ICT LAB SMART BOARD SCHOOL LEVEL TECHNOLOGY WiFi
How to used it ??
- Teaching materials can be pre-printed on plastic sheets
- Can directly write using a non-permanent, washable color marking pen.
- Tpically placed at a comfortable writing height for the educator
- Better communication between teacher and student.
- Saves time
- Comfortable to use in teaching
- The tranparencies are easily restored to their original unused state
Each lab has 30 computer workstations linked to the school's network
- giving a 1:1 ratio student to computer.
Students are encourage to use the Internet and communication technology
- to facilitate the learning process
An interactive whiteboard that uses touch detection
A projector is used to display a computer’s video output
- act as a large touch screen
Comes with 4 digital pens
-use digital ink and replace traditional whiteboard markers
Classroom use :
- Teachers can record each step of a lesson for students to review
- The flexibility of use in the classroom
* Teachers can display information in
interactive text, images, sound and video
- Effective to use in class
- Decreasing teacher stress
In a Wi-Fi network, computers with wifi network cards connect wirelessly to awireless route
The router is connected to the Internet by means of a modem, typically a cable or DSL modem
Wifi networks can either be "open", such that anyone can use them, or "closed", in which case a password is needed
An area blanketed in wireless access is often called a wireless hotspot
SCHOOL LEVEL TECHNOLOGY
Classrooms with :
- multimedia courseware
- presentation facilities
- e-mail or groupware for collaborative work
Library / Media Centre :
- with a database centre for multimedia courseware
- network resources like access to the internet
Multimedia Development Centre :
- with tools for creating multimedia materials
- catering to varying levels of sophistication.
- with on-line access to courseware catalogues and databases, information and resource management systems
- professional networking tools, such as e-mail and groupware
Administration Offices :
- capable of managing databases of student and facilities
- Tracking student and teacher performance or resources
- distributing notices and other information electronically
Server Room :
- provide security
- access to network resources
- equipped to handle applications, management databases, and web servers