2. <ul><li>I will now introduce you </li></ul><ul><li>to some of England's most traditional </li></ul><ul><li>yet popular dishes… </li></ul>
3. <ul><li>The first example of a very famous English dish would be </li></ul><ul><li>“ FISH & CHIPS” </li></ul><ul><li>The fish is usually either cod, haddock or plaice, deep fried, resulting in a batter coating, along with deep fried potatoes (otherwise known as chips). This is England’s traditional take away food, and can be bought at a fish and chip shop or a “Chippy”. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>Another typical English dish would be the traditional </li></ul><ul><li>“ ENGLISH BREAKFAST!” </li></ul><ul><li>This usually consists of some of or all of </li></ul><ul><li>the following; </li></ul><ul><li>sausage, bacon, fried eggs, fried bread, grilled bread (toast), tomatoes, baked beans, fried mushrooms! </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>Another famous English dish is </li></ul><ul><li>“ BANGERS & MASH!” </li></ul><ul><li>This is otherwise known as sausages (made from pork) and mashed potatoes. </li></ul><ul><li>In England, “bangers” are sausages! </li></ul><ul><li>The reason they are nicknamed “bangers” is because during the war time sausages tended to be full of water, resulting in them exploding once they were fried! </li></ul>
6. Another classic English dish would be a “ ROAST DINNER” More commonly known as a “Sunday Roast”, as it’s traditionally a meal which is eaten with family on a Sunday. This meal usually consists of a roasted meat (often beef or chicken), along with roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, stuffing and vegetables. Gravy is very often used with this meal!
8. “ APPLE CRUMBLE” Apple crumble is one of England’s most traditional dessert or “pudding”. This contains stewed apples, coated in crumble, which is made from a mixture of butter flour and sugar, which is then baked in the oven. Different fruits can also be used with this dish, such as blackberries, peach or even rhubarb! Most people like to pour over custard, cream or ice cream!
9. “ STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING” This dessert consists of a moist sponge cake, Sometimes made with finely chopped dates or prunes inside, covered in a toffee sauce. Again it’s often covered with custard, cream or ice cream!