Beginning your research
What do you know?
- book, article, webpage, conversation?
What concepts/keywords can you pull out?
- seniors, aged, old people
What do you need to know?
- definitions, data, geography
What resources will you need?
- authoritative/academic web information
- maps/geographical info about site
- government statistics/survey data
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com
- clicking on GetIt@Waterloo will often take you to the
fulltext online through UW Library’s catalogue
Google Books: www.googlebooks.com
- can often see TOC or page previews
Evaluating web pages
Things to consider: