INTRODUCTIONv MR V. C. BURMAN - CHAIRMAN OF DILv MR SUNIL DUGGAL - CEO OF THE COMPANYv DABUR INDIA LIMITED IS INDIAS LEADINGFMCGCOMPANY.v DABUR IS CURRENTLY THE 4TH LARGESTINDIANCONSUMER GOODS MANUFACTURINGCOMPANY (FMCG).v LEADING CONSUMER GOODS COMPANY ININDIA
WITH A TURNOVER OF Rs. 5,283 CRORE.v PRODUCTS OF DABUR ARE MARKETED INMORETHAN 50 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE.v DABUR CHYAWANPRASH AND HAJMOLABOTHGIVES REVENUE OF RS.100 CRORES EACH.. vDABUR CHYAWANPRASH IS THE LEADERWITH65% SHARE..vDABUR’S DIGESTIVES CATEGORY COMMANDS90%OF THE HERBAL DIGESTIVES MARKET..vHAJMOLA ITSELF IS A MARKET LEADER WITH75%MARKET SHARE.HISTORY< 1884- BIRTH OF DABUR.< 1896- SET UP A MANUFACTURING PLANTEARLY.< EARLY 1900S- AYURVEDIC MEDICINES.< 1919- ESTABLISHMENT OF RESEARCHLABORATORIES.< 1920- EXPANDS FURTHER.< 1936- DABUR INDIA PVT. LTD.
< 1972- SHIFTS TO DELHI.< 1979- DABUR RESEARCH FOUNDATION.< 1986- PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY.< 1992- JOINT VENTURE WITH AGROLIMEN OFSPAIN.< 1994- PUBLIC ISSUES.< 1995- JOINT VENTURES.< 1996- 3 SEPARATE DIVISIONS.< 1997- FOOD DIVISION.< 1998- PROFESSIONALS TO MANAGE THECOMPANY2000 TURNOVER OF RS. 1,000 CRORES.< 2003- DABUR DEMERGES PHARMA BUSINESS.< 2005- DABUR ACQUIRES BALSARA.< 2005- DABUR ANNOUNCES BONUS AFTER 12YEARS.< 2007- CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF REAL.< 2007- FORAY INTO ORGANISED RETAIL.< 2007- DABUR FOODS MERGED WITH DABURINDIA.< 2008- Acquires Fem Care Pharma.
< 2009- Dabur Red Toothpaste joins Billion RupeeBrands club.< 2010- Dabur makes its first overseas acquisition.< 2010- Dabur acquired 100% equity in Namaste Lab.< 2010- Dabur Chyawanprash Launched Orange &Mango Flavours.< 2010- Dabur Amla Hair Oils enters Limca Book ofRecords.< 2011- Dabur enters professional skin care market.< 2011- Dabur launches its first-ever onlineshopping portal.< 2011- Dabur India acquires 30-Plus from AjantaPharma.< 2011- Dabur to enter Sri Lanka.< 2012- Dabur crosses Billion-Dollar turnover mark .DABUR OVERVIEW
CUSTOMER CARE CATEGORIES• HAIR OIL :-1. Amla:Largest brand in poDabur rtfolio2.2. Vartika:Value added coconut oil.3. Anmol Hair Oil: Value preposition.• SHAMPOO
3. Vartika range of Shampoos.• ORAL CARE4. Dabur Red: Toothpaste & Toothpowder.5. Babool: Targeted at economy segment.• HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS6. Dabur Chyawanprash:Largest selling healthsupplement in the country.7. Dabur Glucose:2nd largest player in thecountry.8. Dabur Honey: Largest branded honey in thecountry; growing category through replacesugar strategy.• CONSUMER HEALTH- OTC:-9. Baby Ayurcedic Range: Dabur Lal Tail.• FOODS:-10. Real: Flagship beverages brand.
11. Real: Range of 100% pure juice.• SKIN CARE:-12. Gulabani range of rose bassed skin careproducts: Moisturizer, Fem Gold Bleach:Launched recently.Face freshener & Rosewater.13. Uveda: Range of Ayuvedic Skin Care.14.• DIGESTIVES:-15. Hajmola: Flagship for branded Digestives.16. Hajmola tasty digestive candy.• HOME CARE:-17. Odonil: Air Freshener range: Largest brandin the portfolio.18. Odomos: Mosquito repellant skin cream3.Sanifresh: Toilet cleaner.• Category-wise Share of ConsumerCare Sales :-
• GREEN AWARDS:-19. • Dabur ranked the No. 2 Indian GreenBrand by Green Brands Global Survey. Thisyear’s study reveals that consumer interestin green products has expanded acrosscategories.20. Dabur ranked as the Top Green companyby Greenpeace in its Safe Food Guideversion 2.0 that ranks 25 of the most
popular food companies which hold amajor share of the market in India based ontheir responsibility towards Indianconsumers on the GM food issue.21. Dabur India Ltd’s Baddi Unit awarded theSilver Certificate for EnhancingManufacturing & Supply Chain Excellence’by the Economic Times–IndiaManufacturing Excellence cell.• 10-YEAR HIGHLIGHTS:-
• CSR-ACTIVITIES:-22. For growth to be responsible, it should gobeyond numbers. It should do good to thesociety, create a better world. Thats thekind of growth that Dabur India Ltd.believes in, and constantlystrives for.23. . Dabur has set its sights on certifying all itsoperational locations with the IntegratedManagement system OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 — Occupational Health, Safety andEnvironment.24. Rain water harvesting continues to be afocused activity at Dabur plants.• The highlights of theCompany’sperformance in fiscal2011-12 on aconsolidated basirare:-25. Consolidated Sales increased to Rs. 5,283.2crores in fiscal 2011- 12 from Rs 4,077.4
crores in fiscal 2010-11, registering agrowth of 29.6%.26. Earnings before interest, taxes,depreciation and amortization (EBITDA)increased to Rs. 947.6 crores in 2011-12,from Rs. 833.4 crores in fiscal 2010-11,registering growth of 13.7.27. Consolidated profits after tax (PAT) wentup to Rs. 644.9 crores in fiscal 2011-12from Rs. 568.6 crores, going up by 13.4%.• OVERSEAS- MANUFACTURING:-28. Dabur’s overseas manufacturing footprinttoday spreads across countries like Nepal,Bangladesh, UAE, Nigeria, Egypt andTurkey.29. The company recently commissioned a newfacility in Egypt which has been added toenhance the capacities for manufacturinghair care and skin care products forEgyptian market.
30. In 2011-12 Dabur announced its entry intoSri Lanka with the setting up of an overseassubsidiary – Dabur Lanka (Pvt.) Ltd.31. The company recently commissioned a newfacility in Egypt which has been added toenhance the capacities for manufacturinghair care and skin care products forEgyptian market.• Domestic Manufacturing:-
32. Dabur today has manufacturing plants in 12locations, Baddi (Himachal Pradesh),Pantnagar (Uttaranchal), Sahibabad (UttarPradesh), Jammu, Silvassa, Nasik, Alwar,Katni, Narendrapur, Pithampur, Newai(Rajasthan) and Siliguri (West Bengal).33. During 2011-12 the company added aHoney plant in Baddi to manufactureChyawanprash, Toothpaste, Glucose and