Theory of Constraints and its applications on the plant
A system is asstrong as the itsweakest link.
•The Theory of Constraints is a new approach and different from many traditional approaches both for it’s assumptions and objectives.
Eliyahu M. Goldratt31.03.1947-11.06.2011
• The Theory of Constraints is a management discipline which provides the determination of the factors which hinders acompany reaching its objectives and the application of necessary changes to remove these factors• According to this definition,our aim in the plant is decreasing inventory level and operational costs and increasing cash flow simultaneously.
•We reached the problems and thinking of their solutions by using 5 steps of theory of constraints.
•What are the 5 steps and what they refers to ?
1) Identify the Constraints. There maybe more than one, but there are never many.
2) Decide how to use the bottlenecks. (Exploit the binding constraints)
3) Use the resources according to the first 2 steps.
4) Increase the efficiency/capacity of the bottlenecks.
If there would be somethingunexpected thing or occurs anotherbottleneck ,go back to the 1st step.