Designed to wake you up and for me to get some info on the kind of audience I haveES? MSHS? Stayed in Vietnam for Tet? Use Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo? Been to a Tech Conference before? Have used Googledocs before? School has a Google apps account?Tips and tricks that you may be able to take with you in the form of a lesson or, it could enhance your productivity when working!
- What is Google Drive?compare with Dropbox (some files are not compatible); Drive on the web, or an app installed in your tablet – and change your preferences so you can access your files offline (you will need Chrome to do this) -
Event Registration Forms, Assessment, Feedback Forms, List of things to do
10 Ways to Maximize your Google Experience
10 Ways to Maximize your Experience
If your school has a Google Apps account… GOOGLE GOOGLE READERCALENDAR Subscribe to blogs using RSS Feeds GOOGLEDOCSDocs, Spreadsheets, PICASA GOOGLESITESPresentation, Forms Create Photo (surveys) Create a website slideshows using wikis and blogs
Features Google Apps Edu Your Personal Google AccountGmail Depends on the school /Picasa / /Calendar / /Googledocs / /Googlesites / /Google Reader / /Youtube X /Googlegroups / /School Contacts / XAllow transfer of / Xdocument ownershipwithin school
Use basic formulas to enhance your spreadsheets. Simple formulas that will do the trick: =Cell No.+ Cell No. For example: =C1+C2 =Sum(Cell No:Cell No.) For example: Sum(A1:A2) Sheet to sheet? Try this: =Name of the sheet!Cell No For example: =Michelle!J7
6. Use googledocs document INSTEAD OF MS Word. Use the Share function to co-write a report, share stories, etc.
Googledocs commentsfunction: mention someone by using + to add them in the discussion.Think of it as the equivalent of Facebook’s @ so you can mention people in their comments/posts.
5. Create your own website. Or wiki. Or blog. Use Googlesites!
Digital portfolios, online CV,community sites and more
4. Use Picasa to organize your photos (the Web and the computer app version)Save your photos in your computer. Sync to the web if you want to share your photos to others (they do not need a Google account to view the photos)
3. Check out Google Resources Lots of teaching resources, posters, PD resources, classroom videosGoogle in Education:http://www.google.com/edu/teachers/educator-resources.htmlWant to Learn how to Powersearch?http://www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/