Mis mon 0815 sponsored breakfast fore see
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Mis mon 0815 sponsored breakfast fore see

on

  • 1,247 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
1,247
Views on SlideShare
321
Embed Views
926

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
3
Comments
0

1 Embed 926

http://www.mediapost.com 926

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment
  • Company: Blackberry
  • Company: Marriott
  • To clarify: Rhonda originally used the entire 19,000 plus n-count to do her calculations including the 61% that answered none of these. That’s why her original numbers were so low. This time she subtracted the 61% to get a new base of 7,509 (based on using the “Top-100 Only” filter in the portal. I hope this helps to clarify the dilemma.

Mis mon 0815 sponsored breakfast fore see Mis mon 0815 sponsored breakfast fore see Presentation Transcript

  • MANAGING FORWARD: HOW TO MEASURE THE IMPACT OF MOBILE ON YOUR BUSINESSLarry FreedPresident & CEO@LarryFreedLarry.Freed@ForeSee.com
  • Managing Forward Using analytics to manage your business forwardHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 2
  • If you are not measuringthe customer experience of your mobile site & apps …
  • HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 4
  • HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 5
  • HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 6
  • “But I have Metrics”
  • What Do You Know? > Amount of commerce on my mobile site/apps > App downloads > App store ratings > Page load times > Page views, time on site/app > Device manufacturer, platform and browser What do these metrics tell you?HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • What Don’t You Know? > Who is using mobile site/app > Why they are using mobile site/app > What are they trying to accomplish > What channels have they interacted with before > Where are they in the purchasing cycleHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • What Don’t You Know? Was the experience successful from the customer’s perspectiveHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • Customer Experience Behavioral Analytics Customer Satisfaction Analytics > What people have done ˃ What people will do ˃ Understand prior channel, device experience ˃ Understand what user was trying to accomplish and why ˃ Understand if they are satisfiedHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • Today’s Consumer Is In Control Experience and Expectations define Satisfaction > Satisfaction determines what consumers do next > Satisfaction drives financial successHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • Why Measure MobileExperience?
  • The Value of a Satisfied Mobile Shopper A highly satisfied mobile shopper: 100% more likely to buy from the mobile channel 40% more likely to buy from another channel 54% more likely to purchase from retailer next time purchase similar merchandise 67% more likely to recommend 65% more committed to the brand overall Source: ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index Top 40 US Holiday 2011HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • Case Studies
  • The Cost of a Dissatisfied Mobile User A Consumer Products company found that their highly dissatisfied mobile site visitors are: 133% Less Likely to Purchase Products via 3rd-Party Retailers & E-Commerce 171% Less Likely to Recommend Highly satisfied (>80 / 100) vs. highly dissatisfied (<60 / 100) Source: Original ForeSee AnalysisHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • The Cost of a Dissatisfied Mobile User Hospitality company with a robust online presence that significantly drives business for its worldwide locations discovered: 48% Mobile Users 52% Mobile Users Able to Accomplish Goal Not Able to Accomplish Goal Satisfaction 75 Satisfaction 25 Likelihood to 74 Likelihood to 23 Recommend Recommend Source: Original ForeSee AnalysisHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • The Mobile Consumer
  • Website Visitors Use of Mobile Spring 2012 34% Used a mobile phone to visit the retailer’s site or app Source: ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index Top 100 Spring 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • Mobile Phone Use Among those who used a mobile phone for retail purposes: 76% Research Products 33% Make a Purchases Online 39% Compare Prices while in Store 21% Use Retailer-Developed App Source: ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index Top 100 Spring 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • Mobile Phone Use In Store Consumer mobile phone use while in a store: 52% Store’s Website 36% Competitors Site 21% Shopping Comparison Site 15% Store’s Mobile App 9% Competitor’s Mobile App Source: ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index Top 100 Spring 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • A Sneak PeakNew Mobile Research To Be Released In September
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research ˃ 20 top retail mobile sites/apps ˃ Over 4,500 respondents ˃ Phone and tablets, sites and apps ˃ To be released in September Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 23
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research ˃ Scores between 77 and 84 > Web: Top 20: 75 to 89, Top 100: 69 to 89 ˃ Average score 79 > web: Top 20: 80, Top 100:78 ˃ Top Score, Amazon 84 > Web: Amazon 89 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 24
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research ˃ Likelihood to purchase in-channel: 74 ˃ Likelihood to purchase out of channel: 82 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 25
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research ˃ 68% used mobile site > Satisfaction 79 > Likelihood of in-channel purchase 73 > Likelihood of out-channel purchase 82 ˃ 32% used app > Satisfaction 80 > Likelihood of in-channel purchase 77 > Likelihood of out-channel purchase 81 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 26
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research ˃ 76% used phone > Satisfaction 79 > Likelihood of in-channel purchase 74 > Likelihood of out-channel purchase 83 ˃ 24% used tablet > Satisfaction 79 > Likelihood of in-channel purchase 75 > Likelihood of out-channel purchase 80 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 27
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research ˃ Primary purpose of visit > 28% to look up product details, satisfaction 79 > 19% to look up price information, satisfaction 78 > 17% to check in-stock status, satisfaction 79 > 13% to make a purchase, satisfaction 84 > 10% to find a location, satisfaction 80 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 28
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research Location where they used phone/table ˃ 59% from home, satisfaction 80 ˃ 16% while preparing to visit store, satisfaction 79 ˃ 7% from the retailers store, satisfaction 80 ˃ 3% from a competitors’ store, satisfaction 76 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 29
  • Sneak Peak: Mobile Research What most influenced you to visit site/app on your phone/tablet ˃ 37% familiarity with brand, satisfaction 80 ˃ 12% promotional email, satisfaction 79 ˃ 10% search engine, satisfaction 77 ˃ 13% via recommendation via social network or word of mouth, satisfaction 80 Source: ForeSee Mobile Research August 2012HOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 30
  • Mobile Customer Experience Measurement in Action
  • The Mobile Consumer: Many FormsHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • The Mobile Shopper: Many PurposesHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • The New Consumer Today’s consumers are multi-channel, multi-device consumers Mobile is both a stand-alone and companion channel Traditional metrics are single channel metrics Satisfaction measures success of the experience from the customer’s perspectiveHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • ForeSeeMeasuring the customer experiencethrough the lens of satisfactionPrecise MeasurementConfident InsightsDecisive ResultsRelevant Benchmarks
  • ForeSee Mobile Measurement Capabilities • Apps, mobile optimized sites • Mobile traffic from non-optimized sites • Smartphones & tablets • Operating systems by phone & tablet • Trigger within the app or site • Trigger on exit of the app or site • Trigger post-visit of an app or site experienceHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED @LarryFreed
  • The Big 3 Customer Experience Questions 1 How are we doing? Performance of Satisfaction, key drivers and desired outcomesHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 37
  • The Big 3 Customer Experience Questions 1 How are we doing? 2 What should we do? Areas of focus defined by impactsHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 38
  • The Big 3 Customer Experience Questions 1 How are we doing? 2 What should we do? 3 Why should we do it? Causal model predicts behaviorHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 39
  • Some of the Companies We Measure Over 600 customers Over 1000 active measures Over 70 million surveys collected Over 80 industry benchmarks 40 of the Fortune 100 35 of the Top 100 Online Retailers 6 of the Top 10 Banks Over 90% Customer RenewalHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 40
  • Takeaways The consumer is multi-channel & multi-device with unprecedented power You cannot manage what you do not measure Measure success from the consumers’ perspective Traditional (behavioral) metrics alone will not tell you enough about the customer experience Customer satisfaction drives conversion, loyalty, retention, word-of-mouth…and financial successHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 41
  • Copy of the slides? Copy of the upcoming research? Find out more? Larry Freed Eric Feinberg President & CEO Industry Director (734) 205-2555 (734) 327-3850 Larry.Freed@foresee.com Eric.Feinberg@ForeSee.com Twitter: @larryfreed Twitter: @ericfeinberg www.ForeSee.com Blog: blog.ForeSee.comHOW TO MEASURE THE INTANGIBLE MULTI-CHANNEL IMPACT OF MOBILE COMMERCE > LARRY FREED AND ERIC FEINBERG @LarryFreed 42