TABLE OF CONTENT
• WHAT IS MOOC’S ?
• THE HISTORY OF MOOC’S
• TYPES OF MOOC’S
• PURPOSE OF MOOC’S
WHAT IS MOOC’S ?
• Definition of mooc’s : is a model for delivering learning
content online to any person who wants to take a
course, with no limit on attendance and free of
MOOCs are typically provided by higher education institutions
Short History of mooc’s• The term MOOC was developed by, Dave Cormier in 2008 to describe Siemens and Downes’ “Connectivism and
connective knowledge” course.
• This online course was initially designed for a group of twenty-five enrolled, fee paying students to study for credit
and at the same time was opened up to registered only learners worldwide.
• The development of MOOC’S was rooted within the ideals of openness in education.
Therefore it empowers that knowledge should be shared freely, and the desire to learn should be met without
demographic, economic, and geographical constraints.
Innovative in the use of video
Avoids talking heads
More of a formal (assignments, problem solving ETC)
No or looser
XMOOC’S VS CMOOC’S
X-MOOC doesn't stand for anything
X-MOOCS are typically offered by a
university in partnership with a profit
C-MOOC stands for Connectivist
C-MOOC- refers to a MOOC
designed to emphasize a
connection of learners
The main purpose of mooc’s
• The main aim of MOOC’S is to ensure that students are updated about
the course at all times.
Therefore, through MOOC’S students watch lectures, read assigned material, participate in
online discussions and forums, and complete quizzes and tests on the course material regardless
of whether they attended or not.
It encourages self regulation hence learners are expected to things on their own of which
automatically encourages critical thinking.
MY FIELD OF INTEREST
My field of interest id ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES.
Through MOOC’S, students can be able to do different things on this subject. Those thing may
includes the following:
• They'll have the opportunity to either purchase a textbook or use free online educational
• They will have the opportunity get understanding about different and broad economics terms
through the use of other people’s/expects contributions and understanding .
• It allows students to access a broader syllabus than could possibly be offered by the staff of a
Field of interest cont.…..
My benefits as a teacher
• Through MOOC’s teaching can be very easy especially hence it causes learners to be
• Furthermore, it also makes it easy to demonstrate economic principles in fun and
engaging ways through classroom games and other interactive exercises for an
example Through MOOC’S I can test my students more frequently through in-class
quizzes, assignments, 'one-minute comment' papers, and participation in economic
• Goodnight L. (2013) Multimedia presentation goodnight at
• Africa S.O. (2013) Rise of MOOCs at http://www.slideshare.net/oerafrica/the-
• TRUCANO M. (2013) More about MOOCs and developing countries at