Awesome Bugzilla Tricks
Mozilla Summit 2013
● Outlining roles and projects for triaging
● A good path to learn about Mozilla's
● Good for finding “good first bugs”
● A path to coding contribution and QA.
● Help developers get stuff fixed, helps users
Quicksearch in location bar
● Keyword searches in Firefox location bar
● Right-click in a search box (in bugzilla)
● Manually add bookmark with url,
● Give it a keyword like b or bug
● In location bar, type bug 900001
● Search on any fields!
● Directly in the search box!
● Product:Websites status:New
● For a cheatsheet click “help” next to search box
● Needinfo to ask a question of a specific person
● At end of page after comments
● Bug reporter, assignee, anyone, other
● Start typing their name, email, or irc nick
● They get bugmail with different headers than cc
● It shows up on their dashboard(s)
● Super useful dashboard
● (by Heather Arthur)
● Bugzilla Dashboard by Atul Varma
● At very bottom of page in footer
● Personal tagging for bugs
● A little hard to know how to search for
● (Use quicksearch with tag:your_tag_name)
● Can share as saved search
BugMo User Profile
● Look at your own
● Search email or name to look at other profiles
● This will be exposed better soon on BMO home
page with a version of the dashboard.
● Add a gravatar!
● The wonderful world of email headers
● If at Mozilla, filter in Zimbra, then recreate in
your own email reader if necessary
● Headers: X-Bugzilla-
– Type, changed, product, component, assigned-
to, reason, milestone, priority, etc.