Transcript of "Top 40 Innovation Bloggers of 2012"
After two weeks of torrid voting and much passionate support, along with a lot of gut-wrenching consideration and jostling during the judging round, I am proud to announce your Top 40 Innovation Bloggers of 2012:.1. Jeffrey Phillips Jeffrey Phillips is a senior leader at OVO Innovation. OVO works with large distributed organizations to build innovation teams, processes and capabilities. Jeffrey is the author of Relentless Innovation and the blog Innovate on Purpose. .2. Gijs van Wulfen Gijs van Wulfen leads ideation processes and is the founder of the FORTH innovation method. He is the author of Creating Innovative Products & Services, published by Gower.3. Paul Hobcraft Paul Hobcraft runs Agility Innovation, an advisory business that stimulates sound innovation practice, researches topics that relate to innovation for the future, as well as aligning innovation to organizations core capabilities. .4. Tim Kastelle Tim Kastelle is a Lecturer in Innovation Management in the University of Queensland Business School. He blogs about innovation at the Innovation Leadership Network. .5. Scott Anthony Scott D. Anthony is managing director, Asia-Pacific, of Innosight, an innovation consulting firm, and author of The Little Black Book of Innovation: How It Works, How to Do It (Harvard Business Review Press, 2012). .
6. Greg Satell Greg Satell is an internationally recognized authority on Digital Strategy and Innovation. He is a speaker and consultant for digital innovation, innovation management, digital marketing and publishing, as well as offshore web and app development. Follow Greg @digitaltonto. .7. Nicolas Bry Nicolas is a senior VP at Orange Innovation Group. Serial innovator, he set-up creative BU with an international challenge, and a focus on new TV experiences. Forward thinker, he completed a thesis on “Rapid Innovation”, implemented successfully at Orange, and further developed at nbry.wordpress.com. He tweets @nicobry .8. Steve Todd Steve Todd is an EMC Fellow and author of the books Innovate With Influence and Innovate With Global Influence. As an EMC Intrapreneur with 200+ patents filed, Steve is a Top 10 Innovation Blogger and EMC’s Vice President of Strategy and Innovation. FEATURED BLOGGER9. Braden Kelley Braden Kelley is an experienced innovation speaker and trainer, pull marketing strategist, and social business architect. He is the author of Stoking Your Innovation Bonfire and has been advising companies on how to increase their revenue and cut their costs since 1996. Braden writes frequently on the topic of continuous innovation and works with clients to create innovative strategies, effective customer marketing, organizational change, and improved organizational performance. He has maximized profits for companies while living and working in England, Germany, and the United States. Braden earned his MBA from top-rated London Business School. He is @innovate on Twitter.
10. Donna Sturgess Donna Sturgess is the President and Co-founder of Buyology Inc and former Global Head of Innovation for GlaxoSmithKline. Her latest book is Eyeballs Out: How To Step Into Another World, Discover New Ideas, and Make Your Business Thrive .11. Mitch Ditkoff Mitch Ditkoff is the Co-Founder and President of Idea Champions and the author of “Awake at the Wheel”, as well as the very popular Heart of Innovation blog. .
12. Mike Brown Mike Brown is an award-winning innovator in strategy, communications, and experience marketing. He authors the BrainzoomingTM blog, and serves as the company’s chief Catalyst. He wrote the ebook “Taking the NO Out of InNOvation” and is a frequent keynote presenter.13. Paul Sloane Paul Sloane writes, speaks and leads workshops on creativity, innovation and leadership. He is the author of The Innovative Leader and editor of A Guide to Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing, both published by Kogan-Page. .14. Mike Shipulski Mike Shipulski brings together people, culture, and tools to change engineering behavior. He writes daily on Twitter as @MikeShipulski and weekly on his blog Shipulski On Design. .15. Scott Bowden Scott Bowden works on Innovation Programs for IBM Global Services. . ..16. Rowan Gibson Rowan Gibson is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on enterprise innovation. He is a co-founder of Innovation Excellence and author of the bestseller Innovation to the Core. Rowan Gibson is a much in-demand public speaker around the globe. On Twitter he is @RowanGibson
17. Melba Kurman Melba Kurman writes and speaks about innovative tech transfer from university research labs to the commercial marketplace. Melba is the president of Triple Helix Innovation, a consulting firm dedicated to improving innovation partnerships between companies and universities.18. Stefan Lindegaard Stefan Lindegaard is a speaker, network facilitator and strategic advisor who focus on the topics of open innovation, intrapreneurship and how to identify and develop the people who drive innovation.19. Drew Boyd Drew Boyd is Assistant Professor of Marketing and Innovation at the University of Cincinnati and Executive Director of the MS-Marketing program. Follow him at www.innovationinpractice.com and at http://twitter.com/drewboyd .20. Kevin McFarthing Kevin McFarthing runs the Innovation Fixer consultancy, helping companies to improve the output and efficiency of their innovation, and to implement Open Innovation. He spent 17 years with Reckitt Benckiser in innovation leadership positions, and also has experience in life sciences.
21. Holly G Green Holly is the CEO of THE HUMAN FACTOR, Inc. (www.TheHumanFactor.biz) and is a highly sought after and acclaimed speaker, business consultant, and author. Her unique approach to creating strategic agility, helping others go slow to go fast, will change your thinking..22. Robert F Brands Robert Brands is the founder of InnovationCoach.com, and the author of “Robert’s Rules of Innovation: A 10-Step Program for Corporate Survival,” with Martin Kleinman – published Spring 2010 by Wiley (www.robertsrulesofinnovation.com). .23. Faisal Hoque Faisal Hoque (www.faisalhoque.com) is Founder and CEO at BTM Corporation (www.btmcorporation.com) and founder of research think-tank BTM Institute (www.btminstitute.org). His newest book is The Power of Convergence. Follow him on Twitter @faisal_hoque.24. Jeffrey Baumgartner Jeffrey Baumgartner is the author of the book, The Way of the Innovation Master; the author/editor of Report 103, a popular newsletter on creativity and innovation in business. He is currently developing and running workshops around the world on Anticonventional Thinking, a radical new approach to achieving goals through creativity — and an alternative to brainstorming.
FEATURED BLOGGER25. Adam Hartung Adam Hartung helps companies innovate to achieve real growth with 30 years of practical experience in developing and implementing strategies to take advantage of emerging technologies and new business models. He writes, consults and speaks worldwide. Adam is the #1 Forbes leadership columnist and author of the book Create Marketplace Disruption: How to Stay Ahead of the Competition. He is currently Managing Partner of Spark Partners, a strategy and transformation consultancy. You can find more details on Adam by visiting www.thephoenixprinicple.com, liking his Facebook page, or following him on twitter @adam_hartung..”26. Mike Myatts Mike Myatt, is a Top CEO Coach, author of “Leadership Matters…The CEO Survival Manual“, and Managing Director of N2Growth. ..27. Jorge Barba Jorge Barba is an Innovation Insurgent and is the Creative Strategist at Blu Maya, a San Diego based Digital Marketing Firm that helps organizations build their online business with strategy development for new products and services. He’s also the author of the innovation blog Game Changer. And lastly, you can follow him on Twitter @jorgebarba.28. Peter Cook Peter Cook is Rock’n’Roll Innovation Editor at Innovation Excellence. He leads Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock, and provides Keynote speaking, Organisation Development and Business Coaching. You can follow him on twitter @Academyofrock and contact him for a copy of his book Punk Rock Business.29. Gregg Fraley Gregg Fraley is a creativity and innovation consultant. He currently works with Fortune 500 companies and does keynotes, workshops, training and consulting. The author of Jack’s Notebook, a business parable about creative problem solving, he is also a certified administrator of the Kirton Adaptor Innovator inventory which measures creative style.
30. Sarah Miller Caldicott Sarah Miller Caldicott, is an innovation author and great grandniece of Thomas Edison. She is co-author of Innovate Like Edison, and author Inventing the Future: What Would Thomas Edison Be Doing Today? Sarah is professional speaker, and the Founder/CEO of Power Patterns of Innovation.31. Dean DeBiase A serial CEO and innovation speaker, Dean DeBiase is the Chairman and CEO of entertainment.com, co-founder of boardroominnovation.com and Innovation Excellence, and a co-author of The Big Moo. .32. David Paschane David Paschane, Ph.D. is the Government Editor of Innovation Excellence. He is an Organizational Architect from the Washington D.C area. He is an Associate Research Professor at UMBC; a Founder and Volunteer at Military Alumni Transition Career Headquarters (MATCH) and the Director of Strategic Initiatives at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.33. Bill Fischer Bill Fischer is the co-author (with Andy Boynton & Bill Bole) of The Idea Hunter (Jossey-Bass, 2011). Bill Fischer can be followed on Twitter at @bill_fischer .34. Deborah Mills-Scofield Deb, founder of Mills-Scofield LLC, is an innovator, entrepreneur and non-traditional strategist with 20 years experience in industries ranging from the Internet to Manufacturing with multinationals to start ups. She is also a partner at Glengary LLC, a Venture Capital Firm. .
FEATURED BLOGGER35. Stephen Shapiro Stephen Shapiro has helped hundreds of thousands of people throughout 40+ countries make innovation a reality. His message focuses on efficiently bringing together divergent points of view by leveraging collaboration and open innovation. During his 15-year tenure with the consulting firm Accenture, he established and led a 20,000-person process and innovation practice. Since branching out on his own in 2001, he has published five books on innovation, including his latest, Best Practices Are Stupid, which was named the best innovation and creativity book of 2011. His work has been featured in Newsweek, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, SUCCESS Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, and on ABC News. Clients include Microsoft, Nike, Staples, GE, BP, NASA, Fidelity Investments, Nestlé, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. http://www.steveshapiro.com.36. Saul Kaplan Saul Kaplan is the Founder and Chief Catalyst of the Business Innovation Factory (BIF). Saul shares innovation musings on his blog at It’s Saul Connected and on Twitter at @skap5. .37. Patrick Meyer Patrick Meyer is the Global Correspondent for Innovation Excellence, and an Innovation and Business 3.0 Expert, Author and Keynote Speaker. He is the founder of PatrickTV and The CEO Futurist – Delivering The Future Now.38. Alex Osterwalder Alexander Osterwalder is an entrepreneur and co-author of “Business Model Generation”, the global bestseller adopted by leading companies around the world. He is the founder of Business Model Foundry GmbH, the company behind the Business Model Toolbox for iPad and Strategyzer, an online app to design and execute better business strategies.
39. Geovanny Romero Geovanny Romero, is NPDP Plant Manager at Renovallanta-ContiLifeCycle. Managing Director at NPD Strategy in Andean Region. Member of PDMA International. His main interests are focused in Productivity, New Product Development and Lean Innovation Management. You can connect with him on Twitter @geovanny_romero40. Julie Anixter Julie Anixter is Chief Innovation Officer at Maga Design and the managing editor and co-founder of Innovation Excellence. She worked with Tom Peters for five years on bringing big ideas to big audiences. Now she works with the US Military and other high test innovation cultures that make a difference. If your favorite didn’t make the list, then next year try to rally more votes for them or convince them to become an Innovation Excellence contributing author and they’ll earn more points based on the quality and the quantity of their contributions.
.Are you an innovation practitioner, academic, or enthusiast?Innovation Excellence is the online home of the global innovation community, building upon a rapidly-growing network with thousands ofmembers from over 175 countries – thought leaders, executives, practitioners, consultants, vendors, and academia representing all sectors andindustries. Our mission is to broadly enhance innovation by providing a forum for connection and conversation across this community –assembling an ever-growing arsenal of resources, best practices and proven answers for achieving innovation excellence.Come join the community at http://innovationexcellence.com/community/communityAre you looking to connect with the global innovation community?Innovation Excellence is THE opportunity to make a direct connection with the global innovation community.Our members: attend innovation conferences buy innovation software and apps hire innovation consultants book innovation leadership courses order innovation books engage innovation speakers and training require other innovation servicesWhere else can you engage with over 100,000 unique monthly visitors from morethan 175 countries who have a passionate interest in your innovation offerings foras little as $100 per week?For more information on advertising please email us or visit:http://www.innovationexcellence.com/advertise