1. Don't forget the Sperry Movie . September 13, 2009 Church Dinner and Fellowship November 14 at 1:00 Cloudland Canyon
2. Exodus 34 1 And the Lord said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the Words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest . God made the first tables of stone. Moses has to make these. God reminded Moses that, in his anger, he broke the stone tablets God had made.
3. Moses always struggled with his lack of temperance. At the age of forty he killed a man -- in anger. Here he destroyed the Work of God -- in anger. Later he will strike the rock -- in anger -- when he is commanded to speak to it. He will never enter the Promised Land.
4. Our human weaknesses and bad habits won't send us to hell; only rejection of Jesus does that. But there is a price to pay when we are ruled by them. Hebrews 12 1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
5. Our human weaknesses and bad habits hinder and sometimes destroy the work of God. Moses' uncontrolled anger did just that. These sins and weights of humanity will rob us of the blessings of God. Moses never entered the Promised Land .
6. What are some of these human weaknesses and bad habits that hinder us and cost us blessings?
7. Confess and Forsake Admit that your mindset or attitude is wrong -- Confess it to God and the church. Every time you see it cropping up in you, Turn from it. Name it for what it is, and put it away from you.
8. Lay them aside. Remove self
9. 2 And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to Me in the top of the mount. Be ready to present ourselves to God. All the time. In spirit, soul, and body.
10. To be ready to present himself to God, Moses had to hew out the two stone tablets. Whatever God has told us to do, in His Word or by His Spirit , We must do , if we would be ready . Moses couldn't delay; he had to be ready &quot; In the morning. &quot; Don't procrastinate; do it now.
11. To be ready in spirit to come before the Lord is chiefly a matter of salvation. To be born of God's Spirit into God's Family. The Blood of Christ upon your heart. Salvation prepares our spirit to come into the Presence of God .
12. For our soul to be ready to come into God's Presence requires constant diligence . The soul or heart is the mind, emotions, and will of man.
13. Philippians 4 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true , whatsoever things are honest , whatsoever things are just , whatsoever things are pure , whatsoever things are lovely , whatsoever things are of good repor t; if there be any virtue , and if there be any praise , think on these things. What we let our minds dwell on matters greatly. What we think about is what we talk about. Thoughts and words have great power for good or for harm .
14. To be ready to come into God's Presence we need to have our emotional being right with God. Galatians 5 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Submission to God's Spirit will allow Him to produce His fruit in us.
15. Finally, to be always ready to be in God's Presence our bodies must be cleansed of sin . Judges 17 6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes .
16. Proverbs 1 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way , and be filled with their own devices . 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 33 But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. Own way, Own devices, Right in our own eyes Road to trouble and sorrow.
17. 2a And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning. Get ready to do it, and then Do it .
18. Pray and Study Receive the Message Preach the message Whatever we would do, we have to follow through.