1. Adventures of a City Cat Toronto and beyond… Personal Brand Plan Cat Tschannen
2. All About Cat I am a student in the Post Grad PR program. I graduated in 2008 with a BA in Sociology. After that I decided it was time to explore Canada. I have been coast to coast, and to many tiny towns in between. I am a city girl at heart but have always had a sense of adventure. I love exploring the city and finding new and exciting places to see. Skiing is my greatest passion. I am passionate, positive and personable and these will help me in my future PR goals.
3. GOAL Position myself as a city girl with adventurous tendencies. Distinguish myself from other city girl brands by encompassing my outbound adventures.
4. OBJECTIVES To generate a larger online presence by Summer 2010 through social media focusing on Twitter and blogging. To gain 20 PR professionals as followers on Twitter by October 2010. To gain a core group of loyal blog followers by December 2010.
5. Situational Analysis Highlights <ul><li>Strengths </li></ul><ul><li>Highly positive outlook </li></ul><ul><li>Ability to encompass many different interests </li></ul><ul><li>Weaknesses </li></ul><ul><li>Too many interests may be difficult to address </li></ul><ul><li>Brand expansion might not be easy </li></ul><ul><li>Opportunities </li></ul><ul><li>Can use my brand to explore employment options </li></ul><ul><li>Authenticity gains followers </li></ul><ul><li>Threats </li></ul><ul><li>Many other city girl brands </li></ul><ul><li>Cliché adventurer attitude </li></ul>
6. POSITIONING STATEMENT For adventurers, both in the city and beyond it’s boundaries, my online presence will influence people to experience life in a positive way. I will show readers all of what is available to them in their world.
7. KEY MESSAGES I am a positive person with relatable life experiences. I am an effective communicator with many ambitions. I am always looking for adventure in and out of the city.
9. STRATEGIES Use my brand to show future employers what I can offer. Work on use of social media for online presence. Position myself as a knowledgeable source. Listen to the online community for feedback.
10. TACTICS <ul><li>Set up and manage accounts on Twitter, Linkedin, Meetup, Facebook, Del.icio.us, Digg, Ning, and Blogspot. </li></ul><ul><li>Write in the same voice and keep content consistent. </li></ul><ul><li>Engage readers by linking other blogs, incorporating visuals and multimedia. </li></ul><ul><li>Comment on other blogs and actively listen for feedback. </li></ul><ul><li>Develop online relationships with PR professionals for feedback. </li></ul>
11. CRITICAL PATH GOAL DATE ACTIVITY Ongoing Comment on other blogs with similar interests Ongoing Have my mentor and colleagues evaluate my personal brand and update it consistently June 2010 Maintain blog by posting weekly to bi-weekly, ending up with 10 posts April 2010 Set up and have all previously listed social media sites fully active and linked to one another