1. Microsoft’s missionis to provide people and businesses with the power ofcomputing any time, anywhere, and on any device.
2. Bill Gates (CEO) and Steve Ballmer (President) are Microsoft’s most visible leaders. They work with a Business Leadership Team to make sure Microsoft is responsive to its customers and creating great technology.
3. Bill Gates (CEO) Steve Ballmer (Président) Business and Business Consumer and commerce Sales and Support enterprise Productivity Operations Microsoft ResearchConsumer Windows Developers
4.  Microsoft offers a wide range of products and services for business and personal use. Microsoft products are available in more than 30 languages and sold in more than 100 countries.
5. Microsoft would also come to dominate the office suite market with Microsoft Office. The company has diversified in recent years into the video game industry with the Xbox and its successor, the Xbox 360 as well as into the consumer electronics and digital services market with Zune, MSN and the Windows Phone OS. The ensuing rise of stock in the companys 1986 initial public offering(IPO) made an estimated three billionaires and 12,000 millionaires from Microsoft employees (Forbes 400 list revealed that in March 2011 both Jon Shipley and Nathan Myhrvold lost their billionaire status). In May 2011, Microsoft Corporation acquired Skype Communications for $8.5 billion.
6.  Microsoft subsidiaries/global presence  Microsoft has offices in over 60 countries worldwide  International revenues account for 54% of Microsoft total revenues
7.  Corporate headquarters are located in Redmond, Washington  There is 6,800,000square feet of office space at Microsoft Number of buildings at corporate headquarters: 81 and growing
8. William Henry "Bill" Gates III is an American business magnate, investor,philanthropist, and author. Gates is the former CEO and current chairman of Microsoft, the software company he founded with Paul Allen. He isconsistently ranked among the worlds wealthiest people and was the wealthiest overall from 1995 to 2009, excluding 2008, when he was ranked third. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the positions of CEO and chief software architect, and remains the largest individual shareholder, with 6.4 percent of the common stock. He has also authored or co-authored several books. Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution. Gates has
9.  Microsoft was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen when they wrote a software program for the MITS Altair, which is considered one of the first personal computers Microsoft’s first office in Albuquerque was located at the Sundowner Motel on Route 66; later it was relocated next door to a vacuum cleaner shop
10. Paul Allen and Bill Gates, childhood friends with a passion in computer programming, were seeking to make a successful business utilizing their shared skills. The January 1975 issue of Popular Electronics featured Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems (MITS) Altair 8800 microcomputer. Allen noticed that they could program a BASIC interpreter for the device; after a call from Gates claiming to have a working interpreter, MITS requested a demonstration. Since they didnt actually have one, Allen worked on a simulator for the Altair while Gates developed the interpreter. Although they developed the interpreter on a simulator and not the actual device, the interpreter worked flawlessly when they demonstrated the interpreter to MITS in Albuquerque, New Mexico in March 1975; MITS agreed to distribute it, marketing it as Altair BASIC. They officially established Microsoft on April 4, 1975, with Gates as the CEO. Allen came up with the original name of "Micro- Soft," as recounted in a 1995 Fortune magazine article. In August 1977 the company formed an agreement with ASCII Magazine in Japan, resulting in its first international office, "ASCII Microsoft". The company moved to a new home in Bellevue, Washington in January 1979
11. Paul Allen and Bill Gates
12. Microsoft logo, filed August 26, 1982 until1987Microsoft "Pac-Man" logo, designed by ScottBaker and used since 1987, with the 1994–2002 slogan "Where do you want to gotoday?Microsoft logo as of 2006–2011, with theslogan "Your potential. Our passion."Logo by Microsoft with the slogan "BeWhats Next." 2011–present
13.  Microsoft relocated to downtown Bellevue, WA in 1978, and then in 1986 moved to its current location in Redmond Also in 1986, Microsoft stock went public at $21 per share; it has since split eight times
14.  Microsoft launched Windows 95 in Redmond on August 24, 1995, selling a record-setting 7 million copies in the first five weeks  In December 1995, Microsoft unveiled its Internet strategy, including plans to integrate Internet capabilities into every Microsoft product