2. Happiness is joy that is stable regardless of the circumstances. It’s a joy that springs from within based on one’s attitude and sense of well being. It comes from a life of virtue and character that manifests wisdom and goodness. The Pursuit of Happiness
3. The pursuit to happiness is paved with spiritual disciplines. The Pursuit of Happiness
4. SEEKING WISDOM Pr 3:13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding; The Pursuit of Happiness
5. 1. Wisdom is the ability to correctly understand or perceive and apply that understanding to the circumstances and decisions of life. It is the ability to foresee the outcomes of our choices and make right decisions . About Wisdom...
6. <ul><li>Wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord. </li></ul><ul><li>Pr 9:10 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, </li></ul>The Pursuit of Happiness
7. 3. The wise are promised many blessings . The Pursuit of Happiness
8. <ul><li>True wisdom comes from the Lord </li></ul><ul><li>Pr 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; </li></ul>The Pursuit of Happiness
9. The Pursuit of Happiness <ul><ul><li>5. Seeking wisdom: </li></ul></ul><ul><li>a. Ask God in faith. </li></ul>
10. Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
11. <ul><li>God’s word </li></ul><ul><li>Pr 1:2-5 the purpose of these proverbs is to teach people wisdom and discipline. </li></ul>The Pursuit of Happiness
12. c. Wise counselors The Pursuit of Happiness
13. <ul><li>Seek it like a treasure </li></ul><ul><li>Pr 2:4 If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures; </li></ul>The Pursuit of Happiness
14. 6. Foolish people despise wisdom. A fool seeks to only affirm what they want to do. Prov 1:7 ..but a fool despises wisdom Pr 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, The Pursuit of Happiness
15. 1Ki 12:4 "Your father made our yoke heavy; now therefore, lighten the burdensome service of your father, and his heavy yoke which he put on us, and we will serve you."
16. So he said to them, "Depart for three days, then come back to me." And the people departed. Then King Rehoboam consulted the elders who stood before his father Solomon while he still
17. lived, and he said, "How do you advise me to answer these people?"
18. 1Ki 12:7 And they spoke to him, saying, "If you will be a servant to these people today, and serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be your servants forever."
19. 1Ki 12:8 But he rejected the advice which the elders had given him, and consulted the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him. And he said to them,
20. "What advice do you give? How should we answer this people who have spoken to me, saying, 'Lighten the yoke which your father put on us'?"
21. Then the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, "Thus you should speak to this people who have spoken to you, saying, 'Your father made our yoke heavy, but you make it lighter on us'
22. thus you shall say to them: 'My little finger shall be thicker than my father's waist! And now, whereas my father put a heavy yoke on you,
23. I will add to your yoke; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scourges!' "