So here are three friends, each battling their own issues – one burdened by the past, one obsessed about the present and one unsure about the future. They get together for a trip of their lifetime and along the way learn their lessons when not really seeking the answers. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (ZNMD) is a refreshing movie. It’s an enjoyable movie that throws you back to your college/bachelorhood days. That’s not the only reason this movie works for me. This movie has some inspiring moments – moments that make you think and analyze if this is what you want in your life.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is a beautiful story that gives out such lessons without being preachy or pretentious.
This lesson is about facing your fears to write your own future. Having the courage of your convictions, standing up to what’s right and making sure that no one else is running your life for you. When Kabir runs with the bulls and faces his fears, he learns this lesson. Also mention, The group of three friends decide to take on the trip of their lifetime; they decide to take up on an adventure sport of their choice turn by turn. The sport that one guy picks is a surprise for the other two, and they have to partake in the dare no matter what. They experience deep sea diving, sky diving and running of the bulls. Each game that they try, tests their deepest fears. We can’t t experience the magic of life if we stay boxed in fears. Fear in any form, be it fear of heights, fear of water, fear of dark, fear of failure or fear of losing someone, is only detrimental to our progress in life. The only way to remove the fear is to indulge in the activity that we fear the most. In the movie, the guy who is petrified of deep sea diving fears it only until he actually does it. Once he takes the plunge, he is transformed and feels that it was the best experience of his life.
An ambitious person believes that you need to be ruthless, willing to go to any end for professional success. The Present is sacrificed for the future …thinking that life can be kept in suspension and enjoyed later once the required success is achieved. But life made up of small and big pleasures is living..throbbing and cannot be paused . One of the protagonists, Arjun (played by Hrithik) has a motto – work, work and work, make tons of money and retire at the age of forty. Purpose? So he could enjoy his life after 40 in financial freedom. In a casual conversation with his diving instructor, he realizes that there’s no surety that he’d live up to the age of forty. All his adult life, he’d been slogging hard so he could live happily after forty. However, he realizes, happiness is in living today. What’s the point of making money at the cost of relationships? What’s the point of fame at the cost of character? What’s the point of comfort and luxury at the cost of an unhealthy body? Absolutely nothing.
Imran lets go of his past and jumps to a free fall and learns this lesson. Imran (Farhan Akhtar) is obsessed about the past and wants to meet his biological father. Life is full of ups and down and sometimes a failure, rejection or a stray incident creates a scar in our memory and mind that we keep on thinking about . Mind and life has got unlimited capacity to heal and move on. Like Arjun he his spoiling his present by not letting go of the past. He is living in constant trauma and fear despite a loving family. His ready wit and happy go lucky demeanour is a mask to hide his inner turmoil. Letting go of the past baggages that keep haunting you. Letting go of the hurts, angers and resentments that we carry around like a millstone around our necks – overlooked by us but obvious to all others.
This is to those people who are obsessed with packing in so much of obligations and ambitions in the present moment, that they live life as one big burden. When Arjun goes deep-sea diving and sees the beauty of the world, he learns this lesson.
History shows that greatest tragedies of life cannot pull down the human indomitable spirit if there is a will to let go and move on.
Kabir( Abhay Deol) becomes a victim of circumstances when the ring bought for his mother was mistaken by his girlfriend as for her. Before he can realize.. the families get involved and he gets engaged. He is caught in a dilemma and he realizes that he has made a mistake but cannot dare to face the truth fearing the emotional turmoil of the families. It happens to us in real life also where we give in to the emotional blackmail from children, parents , spouses, bosses, peers or subordinates etc, emotional blackmail us on various issues. We feel frustrated and victimized but unable to do anything.
In doing so, they all ably demonstrate — in different ways — the inevitability of change, and the innate ability present in us to transform Change is Inevitable We know and accept that change is a constant, and yet are afraid to embrace change and transform ourselves in our choices, decisions and life And yet, growth and success requires going beyond the comfort zone and breaking free from the constraints .
The most emphatic point of the movie reveals itself at the climax. The protagonists are in the last leg of their adventure and its a dare that they are not sure they would survive. They decide to participate in “running of bulls” game (encierro in Spanish ), where the participants run in front of a group of bulls let lose. And that’s when the threesome vouch to do something they were evading all their lives. Why leave life’s important decisions to tomorrow? Why procrastinate?
LEARNINGS from the movie ZINDAGI NAA MILEGI DOBARA -You won't get to live life twice
ZINDAGI NAA MILEGI DOBARA -You wont get to live life twice Organizational Behavior Under the Guidance of -Prof. Anuj Kumar Mishra
• Initiator• Team worker• Courage to take decision• Faces the world• High on emotion quotient
• Visionary• Encourage to think about ourselves• Can go beyond his family toKnow the truth
• Learn to challenge your fears.• Often we miss a lot in life by saying a yes or no too soon.• The only way to remove your fear is to indulge in the activity.• Once you take a risk, you transform and consider it your best experience of life.• Winn over your FEARS.
• The sooner we realize that life is not in chasing only success, but in making the most of today, the happier our lives can become.• The only way to live this life is to make every moment of today count.• The today’s that we waste will have a huge negative bearing on our tomorrow’s.• Perfect example: Arjun’s Character played by Hrithik Roshan.
• Let go Past Baggages, Failures, Hurts, Angers and Resentments.• Forgive, Forget and move on.• Perfect Example: Imran’s Character played by Farhan Akhtar.
• People who are obsessed with packing in too many obligations and ambitions in the present.• Money can’t buy all the happiness.• Relax after work.• God has made tomorrow for completing your tasks.• Understand and Value Relationships.
• Sort out differences with friends.• Do forgive if someone apologizes sincerely.• Always APOLOGIZE when you really feel and accept your mistake
• Become self aware.• Trust your instincts.• Realize and face the truth.• Be Courageous.• Perfect Example: Kabir’s Character played by Abhay Deol.
• Farhan Akhtar acknowledges the angst beneath his ready wit, and ultimately overcomes it.• Abhay Deol acknowleges a forced circumstantial choice and reverses it.• And Hrithik Roshan comes face-to-face with the -farcical chase his life has become, and turns over a new leaf.
• Life is unpredictable.• You never know if you’re going to wake up to see another tomorrow. What has to be done has to be done. Then why not today!• Why waste time thinking, planning and fearing the what if’s. Coz Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara – You won’t get to live this life again!