Satellite orbiting the earth
Control and Monitering Stations on earth
GPS receivers owned by Users
The GPS satellite system
• It consist of full constellation of 24
• These satillites are travelling at a
speed of 7000 miles per hour
• Transmitter power is only 50
watts or less.
• They complete two complete
orbits in less than 24 hours
• It helps in accident prevention .
• Identification of repairs in vehile and thus the
informs the driver about problem .
• Better navigation
• Intimates of the traffic in the near by and also
advices which path to choose
• Aviators throughout the world use the Global
Positioning System (GPS) to increase the
safety and efficiency of flight.
• Improved approaches to airports
• improved Systems for special aviation applications,
such as landing planes during poor visibility
conditions. In those cases, even greater precision
operations are possible.
GPS enables researchers to explore the Earth environment
including the atmosphere, ionosphere and gravity field.
GPS survey equipment has helped in decting natural disasters
Navigation made easy
GPS is a free service and u just need to purchace a device
GPS functionality has now started to move into mobile phones.
• Gps services will be our future Key navigation
• As Gps systems are cost effictive , even a
common man can afford them.
• Already gps is use in Major cities in our