In groups of 2-3, what is driving the choices you make? Who is in the drivers seat? Is it tech? Is it pedagogy, or it is content? Think you’re your schools, your rolesFour Corners Questions:
TPACK by PunyaMisrha and Matthew Koehler from Michigan State offer up the following model to really show the equal weight of all three
Where would you say you lie? How many people do you think lie at the center or in one of the other regions…turn and talk
In Groups – 2 content, 2 Tech, 2 pedagogy
Reflect: how might you be able to use this in your work at your school with your teachers? What are some of the essential ingredients to bring TPACK forward
A comment: you really need teachers to be experts in all three.There is a tool component here
Curriculum 21: What century are you preparing your students for?
Upgrade an assessment
Send two people from your group to the group across from you. Share with them what you thought and have them share with you their ideas. Each of you give feedback.
1. Session Agenda Backchannel at http://todaysmeet.com/curriclum20• Join the Wiki: http://tinyurl.com/curriculum2-0• Introductions• TPACK – A Curriculum Framework• Break – 15 mins.• Curriculum 21 – Finding Bang for Your Buck• Assessment – Assess What Matters
2. Jump Right In:Introductions
3. A World of Choices – whatis driving the choices youmake?
4. Content – for you it is about what you teach Pedagogy – for you it is about how you teach Technology – for you it is about the tool used in the teachingView with Perspective
5. Process Task• As a group and from your various perspectives, how would you design a learning experience in line with TPACK for the following learning objectives (content): – Students will understand as societies develop/industrialize there are both positive and negative consequences politically, socially, and economically. – Students will be able to identify various perspectives related to development and the impact it has on the developing nation/society.
6. Process Task• As a group and from your various perspectives, how would you design a learning experience in line with TPACK for the following learning objectives (content): – Students will understand there are a variety of reasons why people migrate from place to place. – Students will be able to identify the impact of migration on a particular society during a given time period. – Students will be able to empathize with people who have experience migration and how it has impacted their lives.
9. A Comment
10. Upgraded Skills/Assessment Before: Indian Current After: Used blogs, wrote inEvents - Student selected reference to an essentialand wrote about 1 Indian question, commented oncurrent event each week. other blogs, used Google Had to be from a print Alerts and Google Reader source to “push” info.
11. Process Task• In your color groups, redesign this traditional assessment: – In your school, students take one of the following assessments: • Students are given a map quiz on the 50 states and 50 state capitals of the United States • Students are given a map quiz on the …provinces and …province capitals of China What is your upgrade? Will you upgrade content? The skills? The assessment method? Filter through TPACK
12. Application Task• Apply TPACK to the Curriculum 21 framework• As a group design a task appropriate to your role: – Admin, Technology and Curriculum Coordinators consider how PD around upgrading content, skills, or assessment would look for your staff, what are key considerations? – Teachers – what would be content, skills, or assessment you could upgrade? How would you upgrade this assessment?
13. Wrapping Up
14. Feel Free to:• Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org• Tweet: @curriculumstace• Blog: www.stacy-stephens.com and www.curriclum.aes.ac.in• Carrier pigeon: 28.591099,77.173977
15. Attributions - Content• Coyle, Gary and Watts, Dana Buffalo SUNY CoETail course four. Sept. 2012• Misra,Punya and Koehler, Matthew: www.tpack.org• Jacobs, Heidi Hayes: Curriculum 21 ASCD 2010• Tolisano, Silvina: www.langwitches.com
16. Attributions - VisualAttibutions: travelTPACK long visual: http://www.fotopedia.com/items/7dctrd1a20m9m-G_Zpmgr25-8http://randysresources.wikispaces.com/TPACK jean-michel baud TPACK image wrappedhttp://www.tpck.org/ http://www.fotopedia.com/items/flickr-117311044 Jump In derpunkhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/alan-light/7615187330/sizes/l/in/photostream/ alan light choices:http://www.flickr.com/photos/istolethetv/6693548115/sizes/l/in/photostream/ gearshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/freefoto/5982549938/sizes/l/in/photostream/ sharehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/shannonlite/3791658355/sizes/l/in/photostream/ reflectionhttp://www.fotopedia.com/items/gorgen-HXckKIDv2BU/slideshow breakhttp://images.cdn.fotopedia.com/flickr-112342184-original.jpg classroomlizmariahttp://www.fotopedia.com/items/flickr-303144538 bloomshttp://wsda.wikispaces.com/General istehttp://lovelydots.yolasite.com/nets---technology-standards.php