In today’s economy, it’s more important than ever to know what can truly incent shoppers to purchase a product or subscribe to a service. To find out exactly what does (and doesn't) work, we went straight to consumers for their insights.
More than 1,400 shoppers were surveyed about which rewards would change their purchasing behaviors. The results are in. Check out parago’s latest shopper reward preference study to find out what really gets consumers to act.
Key findings from the research include:
Prepaid cards rule: more than half of shoppers prefer prepaid cards over gift cards from Amazon, iTunes, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and more.
People prefer plastic: 2 out of 3 shoppers prefer physical cards over digital cards.
Prepaid wins across every industry:
- 2x more car buyers prefer a $200 prepaid card than a $250 instant discount.
- 62% of replacement tire purchasers prefer a cash reward on a prepaid card.
- 1 out of 2 consumers will pick a cable, internet or utility provider that offers a prepaid card reward.
- For hotels, a prepaid card reward is 4x more powerful than 50% off a third night.
- 1 out of 3 single-cup coffee maker buyers prefers prepaid cards (a higher percentage than any other reward option).
parago inspires behavior change by delivering $2 billion in rewards to 50 million people worldwide each year with advanced technology. A relentless focus on innovation (including four patents and 29 industry firsts) drives better results. That’s why parago is the smart choice for leading Fortune 500 companies and some of the largest brands in the world. Number one in consumer rebates and incentives, a global provider of channel management, a top solution for employee rewards and recognition, parago is a top-ranked digital and promotion agency according to Advertising Age’s 2013 agency rankings.