Transcript of "Tips For Social Sales Professionals"
Tips for Social Selling ProfessionalsTransforming the way you sell
What is Social Selling?§ Developing a Reputation: Building a strong online reputation that showcases your experience and increases your credibility§ Gathering Intelligence: Researching social information to prepare for sales conversations§ Building your Network: Developing relationships with people who can share information and provide referrals§ Offering Insights: Providing meaningful insights that earn opportunities to engage with and influence contacts§ Using Social Selling Solutions: Taking advantage of innovative selling solutions such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator 2
Why Apply Social Selling Techniques? “The best reps are not just present in social media, they positionthemselves as credible and influential sources in customer networks.” -Sales Executive Council 3
Why Apply Social Selling Techniques? ”The B2B social buyer relies on social media and online communities during the purchase process.” -ITSMA 4
Why Apply Social Selling Techniques? “Effective use of sales intelligence increases revenue productivity per sales rep by 17%.”* – CSO Insights *2011 analysis 5
Where are you on the social selling spectrum? High “Leaders” • Strong Online REPUTATION “Tip-Toers” • Gathering INTELLIGENCE • Proactively Building NETWORK • Contributing INSIGHTS • Using Social Selling SOLUTIONS “Laggards” • Weak Online REPUTATION • NOT Gathering INTELLIGENCE • Reactively Building NETWORK Low • NOT Contributing INSIGHTS • NOT Using Social Selling SOLUTIONS 6
5 Steps to Becoming a Social Selling Pro1 Build Your PROFILE2 Gather INTELLIGENCE3 Develop Your NETWORK4 Contribute INSIGHTS 5 Use Social Selling SOLUTIONS 7
1. Build a Strong Professional ProfileAdd a photo, experience and skills that showcase the brand of YOU 8
2. Gather IntelligenceBe prepared for every interaction by researching contacts and companies 9
3. Proactively Develop Your NetworkBuild trusted relationships who can support your professional objectives 10
4. Contribute InsightsShare ideas through status updates, and participate in groups 11
5. Use Social Selling SolutionsSales Navigator: LinkedIn Premium for sales professionals Build prospect Reveal full profiles of 3rd Leverage co-worker lists with degree contacts with connections with Lead Builder advanced search Team Link 12
Best of luck in your journey to becoming a social selling professional!For more information: sales.linkedin.com 13
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.