‘Cause it’s cool !
Because we “have to”...
Because the competition is doing it.
Because everyone talks about it.
Because our PR agency tells us to.
Because our advertising agency tells
Because my boss wants it.
Social Media has an objective
If you can not tie your social media activity to a real business
strategy with clear communications objectives...
Don’t start !
• Optimize business processes and customer relationship/support by
connecting 1200 staﬀ across diﬀerent business units & locations
• Support expanding business and focus on information based activities.
• Support the strategic objective of “single view on information” across the
• Truly engage with customers & business partners in order to support
product & services innovation.
• Prepare employees to a changing cultural environment which supports the
concept of the social enterprise.
• Support “traditional marketing” with social media marketing techniques/
tactics in order to drive store traﬃc.
• Support corporate social responsibility activities with transparent
• Support public relations with social media techniques and tactics in order to
• Support internal communications & collaboration in order to engage
employees & management.
• Support business partner network (B2B) communications & collaboration in
order to support & increase business.
“If you can’t trust your employees,
you have one of two problems,”
“You are hiring the wrong people or
you are not properly training the
people you hire.”
BL. Ochman - http://www.stopblocking.org/?p=87
No point being 2.0
outside if you are
not even 1.0 inside...
Average of 30 face to face meetings through website
Average 60 email contacts through website
Customer insights have changed procedures
Rapid transparent response have led to + customer experience
Is n° 10 source of trafﬁc to website
Average of +500 views of press release
Positive impact on search result rankings
Interactive comments on press releases
+10.000.000 catalogue views