Hindu scholars keep comparing their own shastras in support to find similar ideas in pretentious ideologies like Christian claim of “Social Service” Islamic claim of “Human Brotherhood” Communist claim of “Social Equality”modernistic claim of “Democracy &
The first principle Hindu society has to observe while preparing its defense is that it will stop processing & evaluating its own heritage in terms of ideas and ideals projected by closed creeds & pretentious ideologies. On the contrary Hindu society should process & evaluate theheritage of those creeds & ideologies in terms of its own categories of thought, & find out the real worth of Christian, Islamic, Communist and Modernist claims.
• Hindu society has yet to proclaim that India has always been & will always remain a Hindu homeland.• Hindu society has yet to affirm that all spiritual, cultural, philosophical, and scientific heritage is Hindu, and those who are ashamed of being named a Hindu has no right to take pride in it.• It has yet to point out that the only contribution of Islam been the ruination of
Hindus have become devoid of self-confidence simply because they have ceasedto take legitimate, well-informed, andHINDUS pride in their spiritual, cultural andconscious SHOULD BE PROUD OFTHEIR RELIGIONsocial heritage.
• Firstly, Hindus have to reawaken to the sublime spirituality of their own Sanatan Dharma.• Secondly Hindus have to study and scrutinize the sources from which the “only true” creeds derive their inspiration. That will give Hindus the requisite self- confidence to counter all misinformed or malicious criticism.
People generally find it difficultto accept the spiritual freedom in Sanatan Dharma. And they put some general questions to a student of Sanatan Dharma
•Every one has to be one’s own savior, one’sown prophet. One has to discover thespiritual truths for one’s own self.•Scriptures and teachers can only be theguides and YOUR ONLY SAVIOR OR WHO IS may help in search for the truth.•YOUR discovered by someone else is A truth LAST PROPHET?cannot become one’s truth one rediscover itfor himself.
•The whole spiritual truth, every shastra, issecret in human heart.•Many seers and saints have seen it manyways, spoken of it in many languages and myWHICH as many metaphors. WHICH YOUmeans of IS THE BOOK IN A single bookcan never describe it all. AL-KITAB?BELIEVE, OR YOUR•A god known through al-kitab always remainexternal to the world.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU ON THE“DAY OF JUDGMENT”? WHO WILL SAVE•Sanatan Dharma is not so mean and miserlyYOU FROM GOD’S WRATH ANDin deciding HELL-FIRE?ETERNAL human destiny.•One can start anew from the point whereone stopped in one’s previous life & theprocess does not cease till a creature hasachieved Godhood.•The journey is from darkness & bondage tolight & freedom, not from the sensualpleasures of this world to the sensual orgiesof high heaven.
Sanatan Dharma stands for self-exploration, self-purification and self-transcendence while thesecreeds for self-stupefaction, self- righteousness and self- aggrandizement
Histories of these creeds are full ofcrusades or jihads, massacres andgenocides, inquisitions and witch- huntings.It is a sin to regard them as religion in any sense of the term, and to extend sambhava towards their intolerant dogmas.
Hostility to Hindu Psyche• The missionaries & Mullahs are the crusades & mujahids who believe that Hindus should either be converted to a true faith or killed & consigned to eternal hell fire.• Destruction & defilement of the images of Hindu god & goddesses, demolition of Hindu temples & monasteries, destruction of Hindu places of pilgrimage, & burning of
Theology of MonotheismCruel, Vindictive, Capricious and Unjust God
• God is extra cosmic. He created the cosmos out of nothing in order to demonstrate his almightiness & consequently kept himself outside & above the Cosmos.• The elements in nature are devoid of any divinity.• Birds and animals are mere brutes unless they are domesticated.• It is only man who is placed on the higher pedestal because man is the best God’s creation, the ashraf-ul-makhluqat.
• Man can exploit the material resources of the earth in whatever way he pleases.• Man can eat every bird & animal for God has created them for man’s consumption.• Man can marry and divorce and keep his of concubines any number women.• But it is an unpardonable sin for man to fancy that he shares even an iota of God’s divinity.
In Islam women is given with the same role in heaven as on earth- to serve man in servile obedience and to provide sexual pleasure to her male master. The only concession extended to women isto be spared the pains of maternityand old age. She becomes a hourie endowed with eternal youth & unfading beauty.
In Christianity, women is essentially a temptress who lead man to hell. Her role in the hereafter has not been clearly defined. The monogamy we find inChristianity is not prescribed in the Christian scripture. It was aninstitution which it borrowed from the Pagan religion.
Church killed thousands ofinnocent women calling it “witch hunt”
“Tujhko malum hai leta tha kui namtira/ Quwwat-i-bazu-i-muslim nekiya kam tira.”(do you know of anyone whobothered THE ALLAHyou before weBY SHYKHTHE PLIGHT OF about OF ISLAM PORTRAYED cameforward?IQBAL, SHIKWA muscle-power ofMUHAMMED It was thethe Muslim which came to yourrescue)
“par tire nam pe talwas ythai kisne?Kat kar rakh diye kuffar ke lashkarkisne”(But MUHAMMED IQBAL, their swords inSHYKH who did drawdefense of your name & fame? Whowas it that slaughtered the armies ofinfidels for your sake?)
“qahar to yeh hai ke kafri ko mile hur-o-qusur/ aur bechare musalman ko faqatwada-i hur.”(The terrible tragedy is that the infidelsSHYKH MUHAMMED IQBAL,live in the palaces and make love tohouris in this life, while the poorMuslim has to remain content onlywith the promise of houris hereafter.)
This is the highest aspiration Christianity and Islam speaks about.Psyche of Christianity and Islam hides vulgar materialism and imperialist ambition under a welter of high-sounding verbiage.
Vedic Approach: Unity without sacrificing DiversityThe distinction is not between a true One God and false Many Gods. It is between a true way of worship and a false way of worship.• If there is sincerity, truth and self-giving in worship, that worship goes true by whatever way we may conceive.• If it has ego, falsehood, conceit and deceit in it, it is of no use though it may be offered to the most true god
• If monotheism represents man’s intuition for unity, polytheism represents his urge for differentiation.• Spiritual life is one but is very vast and rich. So the human mind also conceives it differently.• If all human had same mind, the same imagination, the same needs, in short, if human all were the same, then perhaps one god would do. So only some form of polytheism can do justice to this variety and richness.
Problem of One or many Gods is born of a theological mind, not of a mystic consciousness.
Ishtar is the Assyrian & Babylonian counterpart to the Sumerian Inanna and to the cognate northwest Semitic goddess Astarte.
All these Polytheistic cultures were relatively free from religious wars(They had their full quota of wars otherwise.)
Monstrosities of Monotheism• Monotheism was not always a spiritual idea. In many cases, it was an ideology which caused wars.• It has manufactured a number of hate-filled words- infidel, kãfir, unbeliever, munkir, mushrik, heathen, heretic, hypocrite, polytheist, pantheist, pagan- which divide the one human family into a number of warring camps.• These malicious words have motivated many crusades, jihãds, inquisitions, genocides,
The Mughals under Akbar hadto abandon the experiment inorder to save and extend their empire.The Islamic state met the fate itdeserved when Aurangzeb tried to reverse the trend.
Modern West made aworthwhile progress in science, technology, and a culture of general human welfare onlywhen it rejected the dogmas ofChristianity, and returned to the humanism of ancient Greece and Rome.
The Rising Tide of Muslim Revivalism• Muslim society in India looked at the freedom movement with suspicion.• They frequently denounced it as a Hindu conspiracy to capture power to the detriment of Islam.• They started throwing up one revivalist movement after another throughout the period of British rule.• The British had to intervene against the mullahs not to protect Hindus so much as to restore law & order
• The Moplah Muslims of Malabar started another jihad against their Hindus neighbors.• The British had to send some armed forces before the Muslim butchery of innocent Hindus could be brought under control.• The Moplah violence was the opening scene of unprecedented riots staged
The Muslims could always slaughter a cow inthe presence of Hindus, or abduct and molest a Hindu girl in keeping with the behest of Islam, or take out a rowdy tajia procession through a thoroughfare thickly populated by Hindus.
The Hindu-states under theRajputs, the Marathas, the Sikhs & the Jats never molested Muslims in spite of Hindu memories of Islam.
Hindu society have to discard the mindless slogan of sarva- dharma-sambhava
Hindu society has been sustained by its spiritual center throughout theages, particularly in the face of Islamicand Christian barbarism. Hindu society will be revived and revitalized only byrecovering its spiritual centre which is Sanatana Dharma.
“Tamso ma jyotirgamaya, asato ma sadgamaya,mrityoma amritam gamaya.” (From darkness to light, from unreal to real,from death to immortality.)
• The starting point of Hindu sages & seers was not God but man.• Their conclusions were based on the direct perception not fanatical faith.• Man is neither an a priori assumption nor an abstract concept like God.• On the contrary, man is a concrete reality accessible to direct (pratyaksa) perception which is the only valid evidence (pramãna) recognized by Hindu spirituality.
Hindu society has to realizethat Christianity and Islam are not religions but political ideologies.